Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sent this from my dealer.
If you want it get in quickly. Please tell him you saw it on this forum.
Ring Tom Sexton At Meadens on
Meadens Skoda -
Proudly Serving The South For 25 Years
ŠKODA Main Dealer
Sway 01590 682212
Brockenhurst 01590 62334

Talk about a bargain!!We have just managed to secure a very rare Kodiaq, just in case anyone on the forum wants one at a discounted price and with (near enough) immediate delivery:

2017/17
Kodiaq 1.4 TSI SEL 2wd DSG - 5 Seats

+ Electric Drivers Seat
Metallic Black
Black Interior
Will be registered but with Delivery Miles

Will be available for delivery in around 2 weeks

£27,295

·
Registered
617 Posts
Jacro said:
Yeah. There trying to get rid of the fuel thirsty petrols. Ford did the same thing with eco boost
Fuel thirsty? Seriously? I've done more than 1100 miles so far, and I'm averaging 40.2 mpg overall. Now calculate how many miles I'll need to do to recover the cost of the more expensive Diesel option.

Also, check these:

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/796226/diesel-cars-scrappage-scheme-toxin-tax-UK

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/98747/diesel-ban-clean-air-zone-expansion-could-see-diesel-cars-charged-to

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/02/four-of-worlds-biggest-cities-to-ban-diesel-cars-from-their-centres

·
Registered
119 Posts
Takes roughly a year and a half doing 12000 pa. But regardless. Diesel much nicer to drive with higher re sale here in good old diesel loving Ireland.

·
Registered
407 Posts
VAG diesel prices in the UK took a big hit after dieselgate, not sure if they have ever recovered.

According to WBAC my current car dropped over £1.5k in value in a month from just before to just after dieselgate hit. Before that it was around 500 per month

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with BigBoss. my 1.4 is not yet run in and I am more than happy with my K's consumption. Which , if anything like my Yetis, will decrease by 10% when it is run in (about 4-5K miles)
Ford eco boost is a joke. Slow and thirsty.
You certainly can't call a 1.4 K slow!
I only do 6k miles a year and don't tow so I would not have an 'oiler' as a present!

·
Registered
119 Posts
DIESEL BANS. Poppycock. Euro 6 emitters are v clean. Read the London 2019 proposals. Euro 6 exempt. If we all go back to petrol co2 will go through the roof again. Electric is the way forward but that's only realistic in maybe 20 years.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Seems like dealer bull to me they had a cancelled order so now they're selling the car.

Anyone know what the actual list price is on that? Doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my experience my dealer is not given to BS. Cars do sometimes become available from Skoda for many reasons.
With the extras this car has I just configured it at an OTR price of £30,740.
Still doesn't seem like a bargain? It does to me!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Jacro said:
Takes roughly a year and a half doing 12000 pa. But regardless. Diesel much nicer to drive with higher re sale here in good old diesel loving Ireland.
I disagree. I couldn't be happier getting rid of my Mercedes E class Diesel. Enjoying the whisper quiet Petrol engine now.

Your calculations are wrong. My car's quoted combined mileage is 44mpg, and the actual mileage I'm getting is less than 10% less, 40.2 mpg. So if we consider the equivalent Diesel at 52mpg (quoted mileage 56mpg), the fuel cost difference is £300 per year for 10000 miles pa. The difference in cost between 1.4 150PS Petrol and 2.0 150PS Diesel is £1815, meaning it'll take 6 years to break even. This is not calculating the cost of Adblue for Diesel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I couldn't really give a monkeys about diesel against petrol. My last three cars I have had, have been diesel. This time, for one reason other or another I decided to go for the petrol alternative. I have no need to tow a vehicle anymore so do not need to have the power of the diesel. Others will have their own reasons for deciding which type and size of engine to go for and that will be their own choice. Why can't people leave it at that instead of trying to convince someone else, or indeed themselves for that matter that they have chosen the wrong engine.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Jacro said:
DIESEL BANS. Poppycock. Euro 6 emitters are v clean. Read the London 2019 proposals. Euro 6 exempt. If we all go back to petrol co2 will go through the roof again. Electric is the way forward but that's only realistic in maybe 20 years.
I agree.

Electric is actually MUCH closer than you think, most manufacturers will have a (full) electric vehicle for sale by 2020, some already have them now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
bigboss said:
Jacro said:
I disagree. I couldn't be happier getting rid of my Mercedes E class Diesel. Enjoying the whisper quiet Petrol engine now.

Your calculations are wrong. My car's quoted combined mileage is 44mpg, and the actual mileage I'm getting is less than 10% less, 40.2 mpg. So if we consider the equivalent Diesel at 52mpg (quoted mileage 56mpg), the fuel cost difference is £300 per year for 10000 miles pa. The difference in cost between 1.4 150PS Petrol and 2.0 150PS Diesel is £1815, meaning it'll take 6 years to break even. This is not calculating the cost of Adblue for Diesel.
Depends how you drive. The petrol is a bit gutless unless you stand on the pedal. I drove a, run in 2500 m on clock petrol 150 in my driving style and got 28 mpg. Real driving, once you stop worrying about fuel consumption, will be 30 vs 45+. It's a no brainer for me, plus the torque is so nice, diesel all the way. Oh and ad blue costs are negligible, £15 pa.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, depends on how you drive. The petrol accelerates faster than Diesel (0-62mph) and I've never had to stand on the pedal. I've always got oodles of power on tap whenever I needed it. Did you ensure the car was at "normal" mode and not "Eco" when you test drove? With your driving style, you should select "Sports" mode.

·
Registered
945 Posts
A little bit confused why everyone is arguing about diesel vs petrol, benefits vary. Personally I thought Betamax was better than VHS.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
A little bit confused why everyone is arguing about diesel vs petrol, benefits vary. Personally I thought Betamax was better than VHS.
I never said Diesel is rubbish, just had to defend Petrol when factually incorrect statements were made.

·
Registered
945 Posts
bigboss said:
Jon Edwards said:
I never said Diesel is rubbish, just had to defend Petrol when factually incorrect statements were made.
At what point did I say that you thought diesels were rubbish, I didn't! just being factual.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I never said you said that. :)

What I meant was that I was only defending Petrol and not slating Diesel. If Diesel suits your needs, so be it. It doesn't suit my needs. But I won't say Diesel is rubbish (in comparison with the other member who slated Petrol).

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My thoughts exactly!! :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm not a mod, but hasn't this gone off topic?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.