Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like DSG sport mode, I didn't like because it seemed to hold revs until 4k regardless of if there was only small throttle movements.
BUT setting drive mode to sport in infotainment allows upshift a bit higher than normal but throttle relative, Ie: at low load it will change up at 2.5k rpm, and progressively more depending on throttle position, much better than the too early changing for normal setting while I am bedding in.

Although it does appear it doesn't remember that I left it in individual at restart, and I had to select individual again (it did remember the settings), I thought that remembered that it was left in individual, it did in the vRS at least.
I didn't add the driver mode personalisation option at order, and have only ever used the one key to get into the vehicle.

I also somehow managed to trigger the emergency braking assist display/beep in maxidot, approaching a roundabout while braking (unclear if the car on the roundabout was exiting the road I was on or continuing on the roundabout).
They turned off, and were never near being in front of me, no other vehicles in front of me or on the roundabout and I was already braking, so no idea why it got its knickers in a twist :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've also managed to trigger the Emergency Brake Assist symbol on the maxidot during normal driving ( on an uphill sharp bend ), I wasn't really pushing on too much at the time, it just shows how sensitive these things are.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you keep the unlock button pressed for few seconds on the key, the car unlocks and all the windows roll down. Similarly, if you long press the lock button for few seconds on the key, all the windows roll up and the car locks. All VW cars have this feature, useful on hot days (to open the car and windows in advance).

·
Registered
421 Posts
bigboss said:
If you keep the unlock button pressed for few seconds on the key, the car unlocks and all the windows roll down. Similarly, if you long press the lock button for few seconds on the key, all the windows roll up and the car locks. All VW cars have this feature, useful on hot days (to open the car and windows in advance).
I'd say it's useful if you've forgotten to shut a window. Otherwise, on a hot day you're just going to let more hot air in by opening a window.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hugh Fanism said:
bigboss said:
I'd say it's useful if you've forgotten to shut a window. Otherwise, on a hot day you're just going to let more hot air in by opening a window.
Depends. Often, the inside of the car is hotter than the outside (like a greenhouse). Ventilation certainly helps in these situations.

·
Registered
421 Posts
bigboss said:
Hugh Fanism said:
bigboss said:
Depends. Often, the inside of the car is hotter than the outside (like a greenhouse). Ventilation certainly helps in these situations.
Small tip for you, air con is much more effective if your doors and windows are closed.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, air con is effective once you switch it on, for which you need to be in the car. :)

You can open all windows few minutes before you get in (airing out). Once you're in, you can close the windows and switch air con on. The air con will cool your car much faster that way.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm merely quoting the science behind it. Yes, A/C is more efficient when windows are rolled up..... except when the car is stood under the hot sun for a long time. If the car has been sitting in the sun, the air it is moving is hotter than the air outside, so it takes the A/C a lot longer to cool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nope Hugh - you were just being patronising

·
Registered
314 Posts
Like bigboss, when I get in the car that has been stood in the sunlight all day I start the car up, turn the A/C on maximum, open all the windows then drive off, after about a minute (when you can feel the ice cold air coming out of the vents) I close all the windows, I too have found this is the quickest way to get the inside temperature down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also agree with bigboss, that's what I did with my Yeti when the car was very hot inside and it always worked for me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've read somewhere that in those conditions you should first drive off with the windows open and a/c off. Then turn it on after the hot air as circulated out.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
One thing I have noticed is with a pan roof. it won't open or close the roof using the method above. It did on the Yeti. A retrograde step!
Even WORSE is that there is no auto closing of the sun roof on the Kodiaq if it rains. Which, again, there was on the Yeti.
Skoda dumbing down on useful items again!
Although Skodas are a lot cheaper than V dubs, I think the spec is, in a lot of cases, not so good. I don't know if this is a marketing ploy by VAG to try to make people move up to a V dub as Skoda are now more profitable than VW. Perhaps that is also why Skoda have such out of date, old, [email protected] colours, while VW have all the good colours.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
One thing I have noticed is with a pan roof. it won't open or close the roof using the method above. It did on the Yeti. A retrograde step!
Even WORSE is that there is no auto closing of the sun roof on the Kodiaq if it rains. Which, again, there was on the Yeti.
Although Skodas are a lot cheaper than V dubs, I think the spec is, in a lot of cases, not so good. I don't know if this is a marketing ploy by VAG to try to make people move up to a V dub as Skoda are now more profitable than VW. Perhaps that is also why Skoda have such out of date, old, [email protected] colours, while VW have all the good colours.
I believe you can activate them via VCDS.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And I think all vw/audi are the same on newer models, its the whole people need protecting from themselves nanny state thing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
bigboss said:
Colin Lambert said:
I believe you can activate them via VCDS.
Nope you can't. I've tried.
Mr Expert reckons the rain sensor in mirror isn't toggled-up to do it.
It's hardware, not software.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts