Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
My Octavia did this. During 3 years of ownership I got used to it.
I assume it's the ribbon cable running to switches on the wheel, which winds on & off a reel as the wheel is turned.
It certainly didn't effect anything mechanical.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Mine is silent.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The power steering on my Kodiaq makes a mechanical groaning noise which seems louder when steering to the left than to the right. It is barely noticeable when turning the steering wheel at a standstill but quite obvious at higher speeds. It seems to be coming from the engine bay (Power steering pump?) rather than the wheel itself. I will get it checked out at first service.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Power steering is electric. I found on both my later Yetis that in full lock either way there was a slight graunching noise emanating from the rack. Haven't noticed it on the K.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Saw this video report sometime ago. The reviewer thought it may have been as the car was a pre-production model and that he would come back to the point in a future review.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, if you watch the video from start to finish, the reporter says that this is a car-specific problem and shouldn't be there. Other cars in the lot he drove don't have that sound.

The Mallorca testing was the first batch of cars produced so some of them had a few kinks which were ironed out by now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
romanv said:
What about that sound?
Cheeky box plastic... weare becoming super fickle as cars become better and better...

·
Registered
1 Posts
DaveAldi said:
The power steering on my Kodiaq makes a mechanical groaning noise which seems louder when steering to the left than to the right. It is barely noticeable when turning the steering wheel at a standstill but quite obvious at higher speeds. It seems to be coming from the engine bay (Power steering pump?) rather than the wheel itself. I will get it checked out at first service.
Hello! My car is not Kodiaq but Octavia (2017, facelift, 2400 km so far), and I experience the very same symptoms with it, that's why I'm writing on this forum). Especially when turning left. Have you managed to solve the problem? Or is it normal? Should it bother me and take it back to dealer under warranty?

Additional info: I ordered dynamic package, so it came with sport steering wheel. I feel a little bit stiff to steer compared to other skodas. Did you notice this? (I thought sport steering wheel meant only the look of it...)

Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine certainly does suffer with the steering sounds. Doing my best to ignore but doesn't sound or feel right. And on the back of this, will ask for it to be looked into.

Particularly, as I already have to give it back for a faulty head unit. Of which, they have no stock.

Love the styling, interior but shine being dulled right now.

;-(

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm now wondering if the sound from my Kodiaq when steering to the left is coming from the tyres or suspension rather than the steering system itself. It's only audible at speed and louder with the windows open.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a noise with steering on mine and it has been in the dealer for 4 days this week and the skoda uk technical are still trying to find out what it is. So it will be going in again so trip number 4 to the dealer! Spoke to skoda customer service to express my disappointment so will see what that does to expedite the resolution!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts