Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from my dealer today, informing me that the status is 20. He didn't know what it meant. Looking online, it seems that status 20 means the build week is now confirmed as within 2 weeks and no changes are now possible. Am I correct?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! So hopefully the car will be built by the end of April!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Your dealer should be shot! It is part of the Skoda dealer instructions that they must keep customers up to speed with the progress of their car. To tell you that it is code 20 but then not know what that means is pointless and unacceptable.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Not here. You just wait till 'it's here' call is received. That happened with my Grand Scenic and my wife's Captur. Fortunately in both cases I was not so emotionally involved as I am in the case of the Kodiaq. I am too much involved with my heart that I am scared of disappointment like it already happened with BlackBerry and OS/2.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After quite a bit of pestering, the dealer called me today, again informing me of status 20 and claimed that he doesn't know the build date yet. I find it hard to believe!

·
Registered
150 Posts
They never really get a confirmed build date until about 2 weeks prior to it being built

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Status 20 means that the build date is within 2 weeks, that's my understanding, and the status is 20 for at least 8 days now.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got an email from my dealer, not sure if this is just to keep me quiet:

"The forecast date for the car to be with us is 25/05/2017."

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's still status 20.... :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Don't be disheartened. Mine showed status 20 from week 12 (my build week was 15) and only suddenly changed to 36 only at week 17, skipping a few status stages along the way. The line I have had back from Skoda UK is apparently «QC checks are taking longer than expected». My contact won't say why these checks are taking longer.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope you're right. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Called my dealer today, my car has been built last week, and is waiting at the port!! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was also told late last week by my lease company that my car was scheduled to be built last week. I miss out on the week 22 upgrades but now have a good chance of getting the car in June. In truth was only interested in the larger infotainment screen size.
Have read of a few on this forum who had last week as their build week too and thought that they were mostly for 1.4TSI engines. Was therefore surprised that my 2.0 TDI 150 was mixed in. I had heard that they were building similar engined cars en-masse.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been promised a delivery date of 26th May....let's see if they manage that!

·
Registered
138 Posts
@ellebees - mine was also down for build last week and also a 150ps tdi.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks nellysump
That makes me believe the info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine is at status 38and is released for shipping; It is a build week 16.
this from dealer.........

in the attachment you will see that it was released to ship on the 25th and arrived at port of exit on the 28th, should be on the ship any day now.

So if it was on the ship in the last 9 days it must be here by now..................... :roll:

·
Registered
289 Posts
It might take 3 weeks before it gets shipped. Into my 2nd week of waiting at Emden and mine has not shipped to date.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts