Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Sorry if this has already been posted, new to the forum and found it quite hard to use the search for this subject.

Anyway, I have moved from a 2014 Tiguan with start/stop to the Kodiaq I notice it behaves slightly differently. The engine appears to cut off at low speed, normally when queuing in traffic before the car has even come to a complete stop, I found this a bit odd. I have noticed however if you are using ACC queuing in traffic it does not do this, it does come to a complete stop before turning off.

Any ideas why, is this behavior the same on other peoples?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Nige,

I have noticed this on mine too. Probably rolling at 0.5 - 1mph and it stops prematurely.
At the moment I feel like it's not a big enough issue to take it to Skoda.

Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Me too! I have asked my dealer and he is not aware of it. I am having its 1st annual service on 9th April. I will try and remember to ask them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I currently have a DSG Passat, and it has exactly the same start/stop experience. Was told it's supposed to do this...so I guess I'll be used to it when I pick up my Kodiaq in a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine operates like this. There is a review of the new Toureg in autoexpress I believe where is talks about the start stop working before the car comes to a stop. Suggest VAG by design possibly. When approaching a stop probably a MPH or less it cuts out. Never poses me an issue and figured it is by design.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pink72 said:
Mine operates like this. There is a review of the new Toureg in autoexpress I believe where is talks about the start stop working before the car comes to a stop. Suggest VAG by design possibly. When approaching a stop probably a MPH or less it cuts out. Never poses me an issue and figured it is by design.
And I assume your pedal box helps with the Press Throttle -> wait for engine to start -> Wait for throttle to decide to move or not -> turn wheels that we mere mortals have to endure! :mrgreen:

Will be talking to my insurer come renewal time next month.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Depends how you drive I suppose. I try and work with the set-up and drive sympathetically to it. Figure if you stab away at the throttle and dive for opportunities and expect an immediate response you are only going to be disappointed. I don't drive it like my old Lotus Elise. It's a family bus for me and I drive it as such ..

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Daddy2Bears said:
Pink72 said:
Will be talking to my insurer come renewal time next month.
If you are insured with Aviva. Send me a PM and I will give you my details and they can see that they have already ok'd it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts