Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(First time poster - been following the forum as I decide whether to take the plunge and order, great info all round)

Just for information - driving home from work and spotted a real live Kodiaq on UK road. Passed me in opposite direction through Roade in Northants. White, right-hand-drive, and pretty sure it was on a 17 plate. Coming from Milton Keynes direction (home of Skoda UK). First spot on UK roads? Sure we'll start to see more of them out there in coming weeks...

Was suprised as hell - I've missed our local VIP event, and dealers haven't been particularly helpful with info tbh (despite being damn close to ordering). I've been desperate to see one in the flesh, so knew full well it was a Kodiaq when I saw it. Not as big as I might've thought, didn't look particularly imposing on the road, would've been easy to miss...

Now, if they could just sort out the alloy wheels, I'd order the damn car (I'm not spending >30k on a car with wheels that don't match the 'brochure' that will niggle me for years to come). ah well.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nelly.
Well spotted. That makes Skoda look stupid with their "thou shalt not register any customers Kodiaqs before 6th April!" :evil:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I can't be 100% sure it was RHD tbh, as I was largely focused on the vehicle as a whole (having been waiting to see one in the flesh for some time), but i'm pretty sure i saw no-one in the passenger (left-hand) side either on approach or when i conciously looked as it went past.

I'll keep my eyes open tonight on the road home in case its a regular on that route...

·
Registered
50 Posts
MP, I think the info in that link only includes registrations up to and including 2016, so anything registered in the last two months wouldn't show.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Where would a RHD with a 17 plate be registered abroad? More likely I think to be a LHD.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, just seen Kodiaq pass me AGAIN. On way home from work, ~5.30pm. Milton Keynes area.

Moon White, absolutely definately RHD, and absolutely definately 17 plate. I checked! My guess, given proximity to Skoda UK (about 3 or 4miles), is that someone at head office has pulled the first one off the boat for themselves.

Particularly annoying because the local dealer contacted me yesterday to say they were getting their demo car at the weekend (hoorah!) only to e-mail me today stating that "we have been advised by Skoda UK that they are holding all UK model at UK port until end of March, and so there will be no demo car available" (boo hiss). No further info than that i'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
When I was at Meadens yesterday I was told that they are not allowed to register their demos or even put them on the road on trade plates until 6/4/17

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well One would hope so. I did say to Tom that I would pick it up on the 6th and he said that would be fine. BUT!!! He can't trace it?
The system yesterday was still showing code 20 and yet SEO told me on Monday it was definitely built and awaiting quality checks. I have asked SEO for the chassis number as there is apparently another way using the chassis number to trace the cars journey from factory to buyer.
I am quite sure SEO would not be telling me 'porkies' just to get me off their backs, but I am wondering wot the L is going on.
Patience is becoming very strained. I am sure it will all be ok. But is really is MOST frustrating.
Still there are always a few Subaru Foresters lurking in the wings (with a FIVE year warranty!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts