Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You pulled up behind me in black WG(?) reg at temp lights south of Longburton I waved and you turned off with a friendly flash at the top of Revell's hill towards Duntish.
I was
SE L Jungle green. **I * LAM.
Was it you??

·
Registered
421 Posts
Jeez Colin you probably scared them. I'll just be checking that my doors are locked if I have a creepy old man waving at me.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hugh,
You obviously don't come from a very long line of car owners in 'special' cars that wave at each other. ;)

Going right back to, MkI 'Frogeye' Sprites, 2 CVs, Mazda Bongos, VW Beetles and Yetis to name but a few.
Since we Kodiaq owners are such a select bunch 'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers' {HenryV before Agincourt} I would have thought it would be quite acceptable to hail one another on the road.
He didn't have to 'flash' me. so he obviously appreciated a kindred spirit in the middle of the backside of Dorset!. :D
Not so much of the old, thank you I am only 25 in my head! It's just the failing carcass that lets me down! :roll:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I had myself a nice mini cooper in 2003 (BMW variety) and I indulged in such practices back then.

I just think it sounds like an odd practice for a family car that's been bought with storage coming higher in the pecking order than BHP. Maybe I'm just a grumpy kiljoy

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes

You can hardly call any of the cars I mentioned as being particularly exciting, especially a Bongo!! I think when any new car comes out and does not swamp the market immediately the rarity value tends to band owners together. Hence my Henry V quote.
I had one of the early Yetis and everybody waved and flashed then. When I P/Xd the last one last April for the K nobody bothered to wave as by then they were as common as muck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts