Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking delivery of my Sportsline in the morning, I will post pictures and updates over the coming months.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Exciting!

Are you the first on here to actually have one? When did you order?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great stuff. Get mine tomorrow

·
Registered
141 Posts
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tom Ash said:
Taking delivery of my Sportsline in the morning, I will post pictures and updates over the coming months.
Pics?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was a bit disappointed reading the review re 20" wheels affecting the ride as I had already ordered the car.

No need to worry! Drives and rides brilliantly!
My previous car was a Mondeo titanium X Sport estate and it drove and handled really well on 19" inch alloys, so I suppose it's objective.

Drove on a variety of roads yesterday and I was very, very impressed, feels , drives and rides like a premium product costing thousands more. I'll upload some pics when I figure out how to do it :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tom Ash said:
Was a bit disappointed reading the review re 20" wheels affecting the ride as I had already ordered the car.

No need to worry! Drives and rides brilliantly!
My previous car was a Mondeo titanium X Sport estate and it drove and handled really well on 19" inch alloys, so I suppose it's objective.

Drove on a variety of roads yesterday and I was very, very impressed, feels , drives and rides like a premium product costing thousands more. I'll upload some pics when I figure out how to do it :D
great to hear about the wheels. i think autoexpress said they were not great and whatcar said it didnt affect the ride in any way. so good to hear from you. i pick mine up in 2 hours :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After two days of familiarisation it was off to the Alps from NW England, via the "Chunnel".

The Kodiaq was loaded up with two adults and two teenagers plus luggage and equipment - not inconsiderable on a ski trip! Simply put - very impressed ! Very relaxed cruising at motorway speeds and the driving, particularly on French auto routes was a joy.

Returned 41 mpg across France at a steady 80mph (expect this to improve as the engine "loosens up") and arrived relaxed and very excited, with the excellent conditions evident as we climbed the mountain to the resort.

Auto box is sluggish, particularly taking bends travelling uphill - used the steering wheel paddles to great effect - much more effective and satisfying.

There is that much kit on the Columbus alone that I am going too have to spend a day with the manual and online user guides too learn all the functions.

Also, as other owners have stated, keep finding little touches that make the whole ownership experience very enjoyable - e.g a little hole on the fuel cap cover to mount the filler cap while refuelling- cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts