Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to make the miles per hour display brighter in the instrument cluster....the actual pointer is brightly lit but the units are not so it's impossible to tell at what speed you are going?

I've had a play around looking in various menus and checked the manual but can't seem to find out how to adjust this setting.

Thanks in advance for any information

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep checked there and no settings to change unfortunately

·
Registered
130 Posts
Moko said:
Does anyone know how to make the miles per hour display brighter in the instrument cluster....the actual pointer is brightly lit but the units are not so it's impossible to tell at what speed you are going?

I've had a play around looking in various menus and checked the manual but can't seem to find out how to adjust this setting.

Thanks in advance for any information
I've encountered that. My knee had knocked the lights dial off auto, onto running lights. Silly, but worth checking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
RTFM - The brightness of the instrument lighting can be adjusted in Infotainment in the menu CAR SETTINGS → Light.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right Andy....but have you tried it as it makes no difference you still can't read the mph markings on the dial the pointer is lovely and bright but of not much use if you can't reference it against the dial.

I'm not sure if mine is faulty but I played around with all the various light settings but still can't see the mph scale.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts

It should be fairly clear to read... Especially if you don't have the colour maxidot the white dials are black. If you don't have the colour maxidot... I really can't help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
romanv said:
That's the reason I've put a velocity meter on my maxi dot display.
A what?? Can you explain to us mere mortals please?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Maybe I used wrong words :( ... under driving data on maxi-dot screen switch to driving data - current speed.

If you check my pic you will see that it shows km/h (mph) on the middle of display.

I can make a short video.

·
Registered
31 Posts
romanv said:
Maybe I used wrong words :( ... under driving data on maxi-dot screen switch to driving data - current speed.

If you check my pic you will see that it shows km/h (mph) on the middle of display.

I can make a short video.
That makes sense now. Thank you. Picking bear up on Friday, so will Play 🙂

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I think he means that he has put the speed reading in the centre of the MFD.

Going back to instrument lighting......... I went right through the settings menus and could only find an ability to alter the brightness of the switch illuminations.
I cannot find an instrument cluster lighting adjuster.
Below is my cluster ( :lol: ) in daylight but with a fleece covering the dash board to keep the daylight out. The brightness remains the same whatever position the lighting switch is in.
I have never used an instrument lighting adjuster on any car I have ever had apart from to put them up to the brightest setting. So Kodiaq not (apparently, at least on SE L) having that facility doesn't worry me.
So if anyone has dim lights and can't find the wherewithal to adjust AFTER having RTFM I suggest a call to their dealer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I think he means that he has put the speed reading in the centre of the MFD.

Going back to instrument lighting......... I went right through the settings menus and could only find an ability to alter the brightness of the switch illuminations.
I cannot find an instrument cluster lighting adjuster.
Below is my cluster ( :lol: ) in daylight but with a fleece covering the dash board to keep the daylight out. The brightness remains the same whatever position the lighting switch is in.
I have never used an instrument lighting adjuster on any car I have ever had apart from to put them up to the brightest setting. So Kodiaq not (apparently, at least on SE L) having that facility doesn't worry me.
So if anyone has dim lights and can't find the wherewithal to adjust AFTER having RTFM I suggest a call to their dealer.
I use it on my Nissan to dim it as when the cluster is bright in the dark it reflects on my door window and it's a distraction.

No such issues with the
Kodiaq?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Not that I have found. Perhaps the instruments are deeper set than on the Nissan, or at 6'2" perhaps I sit further away from the dashboard which would alter the reflection angle??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I checked again today and I had knocked the lighting switch off Auto hence my problem....it's always the simple things that cause the biggest problems

·
Registered
181 Posts
romanv said:
No .. as an expectant 190 owner .. I like the sound of a 'Velocity Meter' over ' current speed ' in the maxi-dot !! :lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Moko said:
Your right Andy....but have you tried it as it makes no difference you still can't read the mph markings on the dial the pointer is lovely and bright but of not much use if you can't reference it against the dial.

I'm not sure if mine is faulty but I played around with all the various light settings but still can't see the mph scale.
Probably faulty. Mine clearly adjusts with the settings. I've had my share of faults; this isn't one of them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Not that I have found. Perhaps the instruments are deeper set than on the Nissan, or at 6'2" perhaps I sit further away from the dashboard which would alter the reflection angle??
I think it's just the Nissan as I've never had this issue before in 20 years of driving.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Moko said:
I checked again today and I had knocked the lighting switch off Auto hence my problem....it's always the simple things that cause the biggest problems
You must be a tall chap like me. I am always doing it. Damn silly place for the lighting switch IMHO, re no low beam light on dash as per previous thread, blah, bla, blah! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts