Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kodi managed to completely freak me out yesterday......driving along normally when all of a sudden the car starts talking to me, telling me there is a problem with the SOS system and I need to visit the workshop.....this was followed by a yellow warning triangle appearing on the dashboard.
Totally freaked, I pulled over and noticed the green light next to the SOS button on the headlining had turned red.

Decided to drive on, and once again the car gives me the warning and advises going to the workshop.
Pulled over a second time, switched off engine and then back on again, and the fault disappeared......red light now back to green and no yellow warning light on dashboard.
What was that all about....................anyone had a similar warning?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I consider the electronics on the Kodiaq to be very suspect. What with problems like yours, tailgates opening on their own (usually overnight).
Tailgate opening handle only works when it wants to although door switch has never let me down.
Key fob opening often only opens the t/gate halfway.
Let alone all the other miriad problems people have had. Door guards jamming out and getting knocked off, (Meadens have the bits for mine on order & have been so for over a week!!) problems with mud flaps,
groaning door pulls. it goes on and on. A fantastic car spoilt by stupid problems that should never have been allowed to happen.
Etc, etc.
I think they launched it too early before all the gremlins were sorted out. I bet big money that Honda And `Subaru never have these problems.
The K will be the last new car I buy from Skoda. I am going to wait until they get their collective @rses in gear and sort out the niggles BEFORE launching it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's happened to me twice in 6 months but only for half a second. There is another thread regarding this... I believe it's an issue across many VAG cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arghhhhh just happened again as I was driving and then cleared itself after a couple of minutes.
Not happy....I don't even need an SOS system, and I certainly don't want it beeping at me telling me to go to the workshop!!!!

Call to dealer coming up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I consider the electronics on the Kodiaq to be very suspect. What with problems like yours, tailgates opening on their own (usually overnight).
Tailgate opening handle only works when it wants to although door switch has never let me down.
Key fob opening often only opens the t/gate halfway.
Let alone all the other miriad problems people have had. Door guards jamming out and getting knocked off, (Meadens have the bits for mine on order & have been so for over a week!!) problems with mud flaps,
groaning door pulls. it goes on and on. A fantastic car spoilt by stupid problems that should never have been allowed to happen.
Etc, etc.
I think they launched it too early before all the gremlins were sorted out. I bet big money that Honda And `Subaru never have these problems.
The K will be the last new car I buy from Skoda. I am going to wait until they get their collective @rses in gear and sort out the niggles BEFORE launching it.
Totally disagree, I have had issues with the assist systems which were resolved, apart from that I have had no other technical issues you stated. I have constantly read others having issues of which 80%+ are due to operator errors or the lack of understand of what they have bought or the inability to read a manual.

I am finding the Kodiaq as good (if not better) as any other new car I have owned or have driven, after nearly 12 months of having it i am finding very few build quality issues and certainly nothing to force me to return to the dealer. The door protection gimmicks are a complete waste of time and I would urge Skoda to ditch them. Everything else works great.

The real issue for me is their dealer network and its focus on selling cars but not on its ability or willingness to service existing customers, the dealer I got my Kodiaq from was monumentally useless as was the after sales support from Skoda UK Customer support and Exec office.

When mine is up for renewal in 12 months I will consider another one, maybe a Sportline or vRS if launched.

Reactions: RS3

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Fair enough Jon,
But there are a lot of people who have had errors NOT caused by ignorance and a lot of build quality issues. I know brand new models often have a few glitches.
I have to admit though with all the new cars I have owned in my life (in all, about 15) I have never encountered so many build quality items. I admit that my K has no build quality problems apart from minimally creaking door pulls. My few problems have been electrical. Mainly tailgate .
I would also admit that all the new cars imcluding one of the very first LandRover 3 door Discos have been perfect. Also of course that this is the first car that has been so technically endowed.
I fully agree with you on the door protection gimmicks. Nice idea but basically useless and far too flimsy.
It is good to note that Skoda learnt their lesson very quickly and the Karoq does not have them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SOS fault occurred again this morning on way to shops....car booked in with Simpsons Skoda, Preston on 4th May....see what they make of it.

I can see why people are seemingly having tailgate issues....I did yesterday when it wouldn't close via the remote fob after I had stopped it opening fully by pressing the button on the boot lid (stopped half way). It then wouldn't close via the fob button, but did when I pressed the boot lid button again......I've put this one down to user error!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello
I hope I can help. My Kodiaq had the same problem and the Sat Nav went. The dealer replaced a wiring loom, this did not work then manufacturer said replace the whole module. They did this and now all is well.
Thanks
bobster

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Shouldn't happen on a new car. Not acceptable! Good job we all love them enough to put up with the problems.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This morning started a car...cplumbus didn't turn ...tried a few times from the unit start button...then suddenly it started and BUT with yello triangle on the instrument cluster with message about system made SOS call from itself...so no car is fault free every car have same issues. How we gonna send message to factory so they can deal with these problems?
Every day something new...sad

·
Registered
55 Posts
The SOS message has happened in mine from the start in January, but about six weeks ago it pretty much stopped. Last week it started again, usually about 5 or 6 times in a fifty mile trip. I used to think it was because of patchy mobile coverage, but the SIM in the Columbus system (uses EE network) tend to give 4G or 3G all the time and Spotify tends to stream seamlessly.
I rang the dealer a couple of months ago and they said hey would need the car to investigate - I told them to chat to Skoda UK first because its a common problem and a fix should be available. I don't want to be without the car for a whole day just for them to say they need to order parts - they should get the parts then have the car in to do the fix.

P.S. for the record no other electrical or control issues in 4 months , 7000 miles.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
The SOS system in the Kodiaq has it's own SIM working on Vodafone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my car for a few months and I have been plagued by sos issues.the car has been in the garage twice with no resolution so disappointed other than this the car has been great but I am getting disalusioned with Skoda who do not seem to know how to fix this issue. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry meant to say car has been with the dealer for 6 days and to add insult to injury they gave me seat s11 to drive getting really annoyed now patience running out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got my Kodiaq back from dealer after 5th batch of fix attempts to rectify fault on post-build fitting of front parking sensors (turns out fault was the calibration being affected by tiles on floor of workshop and the light reflecting from them, once they were calibrated outside on tarmac all was fine!)

.....anyway, whilst it was in they also sorted the SOS Warning issue that was thrown up now and then (and getting more frequent). They said the fault was due to the antenna linkage if that helps at all?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My SOS problem disappeared for a while, but has just come back again in the last few days - so annoying when it starts talking to you about a fault as you're driving. If I could disable it I would - it serves no purpose other than to annoy me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my 2021 Kodiaq has now had this message on 4 occasions, the dealership came up with the same response as others, don’t worry, the car is fine, but the same fault with the SOS warning, call workshop, sat nav becoming inoperable and loss of mobile phone occurred. My car has done 14000 miles, and is currently in the service department being fixed - hopefully.
Fingers crossed it will be sorted, I will update the forum in due course.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts