Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have a skoda kodiaq 1.4 tsi se model and as from tuesday this week my sos button has been going off constant has anybody else had this issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, dealer has already fixed it once but it has come back again and its constant bonging the warning sound is really maddening.
I am beginning to lose faith in Skoda due to several small faults and design bugs. Rather disappointed in the build quality. :(

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I had a lot of trouble with all 3 call buttons on delivery. Meadens put it right and then it went wrong again. I spoke to a SUK techie and it now seems to be working correctly, though I have not woken 'Plod' from his slumbers. The green light next to the RED button remains on. So I assume it works. the other two do have a ring tone when I have tried them.
From a practical point of view I really don't care. I have driven for 54 years without all this tech [email protected] with no problems but what does annoy me is that Skoda is full of BS regarding its tech in the Kodiaq & the Karoq (even WORSE withit's virtual dash) and the number of problems coming to light are completely unacceptable.
If it is there, it should work. I would far rather pay (a lot) less money and do without it all.
The problem is, that if you want a decent level of non tech toys (leather, front beepers etc) you have to have all the rubbish you DON'T want/need.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's not just the skoda suffering either, VW and Audi are having similar issues too (makes sense when much of the tech is shared).

My better half is a warranty exec with an Audi dealers so when I spoke of some of the issues she was aware that the Audi stuff is suffering just as much, unfortunately tech sometimes goes wrong.

That said what's the point of SOS functions if they are unreliable, imagine the dire consequences of needing that button to work and in a real emergency it failed. I'll be keeping a mobile close by when mine arrives me thinks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just had 'SOS Call' pop up in the maxi dot. Only showed for a second or two. Don't think a call was actually attempted.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I had a lot of trouble with all 3 call buttons on delivery. Meadens put it right and then it went wrong again. I spoke to a SUK techie and it now seems to be working correctly, though I have not woken 'Plod' from his slumbers. The green light next to the RED button remains on. So I assume it works. the other two do have a ring tone when I have tried them.
From a practical point of view I really don't care. I have driven for 54 years without all this tech [email protected] with no problems but what does annoy me is that Skoda is full of BS regarding its tech in the Kodiaq & the Karoq (even WORSE withit's virtual dash) and the number of problems coming to light are completely unacceptable.
If it is there, it should work. I would far rather pay (a lot) less money and do without it all.
The problem is, that if you want a decent level of non tech toys (leather, front beepers etc) you have to have all the rubbish you DON'T want/need.
Agreed!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
So glad I am not alone in thinking modern cars are overburdened with Tech.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Absolutely agree that too much hightech loaded to modern cars. If they were reliable but most of these new 'toys' work just now and then!

·
Registered
67 Posts
My SOS "feature" went dead along with rain sensor and central locking motor after accidental battery drain. Dealer replaced all parts but rain sensor still doesn't work. However, I only use it for light management since I'm not a big fan of wipers turning on when I don't want them to.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
They say a Ford Cortina estate is quite a good low tech car! Or a 'Moggy' Traveller! Those were the days!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Skoda Kodiak 2.0 SE DSG and I first started having problems with the SOS Emergency button dropping out after 2 weeks use it has been back to the dealer and they performed a software update. This lasted 2 weeks and it has started dropping out again and it is happening a lot more frequently now.
Really fed up, it's not only annoying but extremely distracting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine has just flashed up with sos emergency not working call workshop. Seems like a common problem. Did everyone get it sorted quickly?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Editiongrey said:
Mine has just flashed up with sos emergency not working call workshop. Seems like a common problem. Did everyone get it sorted quickly?
Yep. Just matter of replacing some faulty chip as my local dealer said. However, after they replaced it, rain sensor stopped to work. Check it after repair.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I had dreadful problems with ALL the call buttons not working.
Dealer sorted it (not sure how) and the green light has stayed on ever since. I have tried the Customer service button and that works, also the breakdown gets a ringtone but I didn't want to waste their time so hung up. I therefore assume the plod button works as well.
The only purpose for any of these buttons are if you get knocked out in a prang the car will call plod if the airbags have deployed, with your GPS position (or so I'm told).
Otherwise, what's wrong with a mobile 'phone??
Another unnecessary bit of tech which if not working is extremely annoying. As has been said many times before. If it's there then it should work.
I think Skoda have got a long way to go with their electronics. These call buttons are a common problem as is the front radar not working in snow or rain (just when you REALLY need it!).
Also the boot lid fairy opening it at night, and the list goes on & on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Editiongrey said:
That's what mine did. Went to dealer and they said it could either be a software update which was apparently part of a recall and if that didn't work it would need a new ecm thing which is located in the steering column. It did need the new ecm and has been ok since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like a quick trip to the garage fixed it....will have to wait and see if it lasts. They ended up doing a software update 91R2 campaign...what ever that means.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The SOS seems to have a built-in thermometer... Have hade real winter for a few days and as soon as it drops below -15 C the SOS function gives up, with an annoying announcement. So much for the sales talk about being developed for Nordic conditions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts