Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one off the first kodiaq's in Portugal. Love the car, but mine has some ishues... First, one off the seats (2 row) has a defect, it laks
leather (the seats are in alcantara). Is this normal? I heard that the first model's came with this problem, is it true?

Another problem, when i connect my phone over bluetooth and then try to connect android auto, sometimes, not always, the bluetooth connection drops. If i restart the phone and try to connect with bluetooth and android auto, i don't have more problems and it work fine, but the next day it starts all over again. What should i do to prevent from restarting the phone again?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't have my car yet but I'm not sure I understand why you would need to be connected through android auto AND via Bluetooth? Does Bluetooth not give you less functionality than android auto and does android auto not do everything that Bluetooth does and more?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hugh Fanism said:
I don't have my car yet but I'm not sure I understand why you would need to be connected through android auto AND via Bluetooth? Does Bluetooth not give you less functionality than android auto and does android auto not do everything that Bluetooth does and more?
The car has to be connectec with the bluetooth to connect to android auto...That was what the seller told me...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm sure when I connect the cable to use android auto it tells me that bluetooth cannot be used.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Why would you want Bluetooth when connected via Android Auto?

·
Registered
617 Posts
joguirian said:
Hugh Fanism said:
The car has to be connectec with the bluetooth to connect to android auto...That was what the seller told me...
The seller is wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bigboss said:
joguirian said:
Hugh Fanism said:
The seller is wrong.
Thanks i will try it more tomorrow but it seems that it don't need to be connected with bluetooth... Sometimes we believe in something so hard that is dificult to see the other way... Sorry

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
joguirian said:
Hugh Fanism said:
Welcome.
You dont say what model you have.
In the UK at the start of production only the top model had leather the one below had only alcantara, now that model can have leather as an option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Colin Lambert said:
joguirian said:
Hugh Fanism said:
Welcome.
In the UK at the start of production only the top model had leather the one below had only alcantara, now that model can have leather as an option.
The designation of the model in Portugal is diferent from England. We don't have SE, etc... The model in Portugal is "Style", is a 2.0 4x2 150cv DSG, 7 seats (alcantara), doesn't have parq assist, the infotainment system is "collumbus" but does not have the slot for the sim card and i believe it has all of the other important extras (lane assist, front assist, cruize control, etc...)

·
Registered
221 Posts
joguirian said:
Colin Lambert said:
joguirian said:
Welcome.
The designation of the model in Portugal is diferent from England. We don't have SE, etc... The model in Portugal is "Style", is a 2.0 4x2 150cv DSG, 7 seats (alcantara), doesn't have parq assist, the infotainment system is "collumbus" but does not have the slot for the sim card and i believe it has all of the other important extras (lane assist, front assist, cruize control, etc...)
In Ireland the trim designations are the same as in Portugal. Active, Ambition, Style. That may be the only similarity but I can tell you that on the top trim, Style, it's the mixed alcantara/leather and full leather is 1200eur more give or take. I actually think it's a good combination as leather is terrible for very hot or very cold countries, which means you need to spend even more on the heated seats.
I'll say more once I actually have experienced the mixed fabric seats.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
On the E L when I ordered it there was no option at any price for leather.
This is the first time I have had alcantara and so far am very happy with it. Very comfortable grip well as it is basically a man made suede.
How easy it is to keep clean is another matter which no doubt I will find out before to much longer (I have the beige!!)

·
Registered
945 Posts
You cannot connect to Android Auto without the use of a direct link via the USB. There are two Bluetooth connection options as well, standard hands free and rSAP. The latter will give you online services via your phones SIM/Data package, I cannot connect via rSAP without it hijacking the phones SIM and stopping data services on the handset, this could be a Samsung problem.

Android Auto will disconnect all Bluetooth telephones and Bluetooth players on connection, however the connected device does connect via Bluetooth as the primary phone. You cannot add any other devices during the connection.

I read this somewhere, oh yes the manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts