Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been good interacting with you guys on the forums, and I will likely pop in every now and then.
But I did feel a bit disappointed in some ways (not all) with my new Kodiaq, and it soon will be going to look for a new owner and be replaced with a Superb 280 Sportline.
I do feel Skoda QC has slipped on the K, and various smaller niggles alongside that gripe led me to my decision. Hopefully most of you will be happy with yours :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Gosh! That must be the shortest ownership on record. Are your really that p*ssed off with it?
At least you are staying with Skoda. If I was Younger and not so creaky I would have gone with a Superb.
Sorry to see you go.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, unfortunately once I get bee in me bonnet it keeps buzzing. I may be too fussy for my own good :lol:
Then get a few minor niggly random errors on top and I began to wonder what would it bring long term.
I never seemed to get on with the high up position either, despite the age friendly ease of access ! I just feel happier at car height.

I went with what I always was going to get before the Kodiaq came along, A Superb 280 4x4. Hopefully that will be as good to me as the previous 3 Skoda's I had.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well at least you have taken the mantle of 'Obsessive owner' away from me. :lol: Perhaps all the takers of P will stop teasing me now!!
Good luck with the Superb.
p.s. For those who do not understand the heading of this thread, lookey here.
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dUmDBfp6k
Cheers,
Zaphod Beeblebrox.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gosh Savage, I will miss your reads as you are one of the few owners with the 2.0 Tsi . I have been told mine is at the port waiting to be shipped for delivery mid September after a long wait since ordered mine mid May. I wanted an suv and chose the Kodiaq. Hope I'm not disappointed as I am now selling my jaguar XF. I hope I don't regret it. Are you really that disillusioned by it?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Sad to see you get rid of the K but fair enough. If I had known the updated Passat with the 176kW/240PS BiTDI was only going to cost a few grand more after ordering my K I don't think I would've gone with the it...

I mean if this was available to me when ordering the K...goodbye Kodiaq... https://www.trademe.co.nz/1378606440

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep very disillusioned, mostly with the build quality/material choices in some areas.
To drive there were plenty of positives, comfort, interior sound levels, etc, but still for me, the car isn't up to standard for its costs.
Granted I had near the most expensive model and with nearly 4K worth of extras, but I honestly think some of the build quality was sub-par for a modern car.
I generally change my car every 2 years, so my choice was suffer it for 2 years, or take the hit, swap it and have something that perhaps doesn't get the trade in value the K would have in 2 years, but would mean I was happier driving. I am fortunate that I was in a position to do the later.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Well I just got offered a brand new Passat Alltrack 240PS BiTDI for $62,990. It's hard to pass, especially when it's almost $5,000 cheaper than the Kodiaq, but my Kodiaq has more features and plus with the main driver being SWMBO...don't think the extra power and Active Info Display means much.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Like the idea of the Bi-turbo engine, but for me the whole design (particularly the dash) of the Passat is just so drab, and look at all those blanks by the gear selector !!

As you can possibly tell I'm not a big fan of the current VW design language. The petrol Tiguan I test drove before deciding on the Kodiaq had the active info display and I didn't find it added much, it was limited in what you could do with the main dials and certainly couldn't sway my purchase decision. The version in Audis is much better, more versatile with the dials size / position (RS versions are better still) but you are starting to move into serious cash. From the reports so far the display about to roll out with Skoda (and the updated Polo) looks better, at least you can 'full screen' the sat nav and move the dials out of the way.

But I'm happy with the Kodi . . . for now !!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ive just read this and can identify with the 'new car has issues' thing.
From personal experience, I've twice rejected cars that have caused issues from new.
Dealers will tell you that you cannot, you have to let them repair etc etc but, unless the law has changed since the early 2000s, a car bought from a dealer has to be of 'merchantable quality'
You can even let them carry out remedial work and still reject the vehicle if it is still not fit for purpose.
Obviously, this has to be done pronto from the time of purchase, you cannot start rejecting a car 6 months after purchase after the first issue BUT there are legal obligations that sellers ( trade) have to abide by.
Im quite staggered at the sheer volume of buyers who suffer at the hands of professional sellers, some of the stories you hear are quite incredible.
If only buyers were more proactive in not putting up with shoddy goods, cars or anything else, the manufacturers would have to be more diligent in releasing goods that were not going to be turned back at the point of sale or just after causing them to lose money and reputation.
Consumers have rights that are simply not exercised enough which is a pity.
Skoda UK are very lucky, in this case, to have retained a valued customer.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TBH if it wasn't for one particular person at customer services head office, I might well of said goodbye to the brand.

Replacement took up residency today :)

Still with the dealers, ahem, "valet". will get better pics once I have done a proper wash and wax ;)

Superb 280 4x4 DSG Sportline
Options over standard spec:
Heated front and rear seats
Heated Front Screen
Heated Washer Nozzles
High Beam Assist
"High" LED Rear lights

Not as kitted out as the Kodiaq, but so far very happy :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
That looks fabulous!
TBH, I was half tempted by the VRS but I decided that I wanted to retain a clean driving licence. :D
Well, actually, the Kodiaq was everything I was looking for really, a carriage to convey my beautiful newborn Granddaughter about in as she grows. :D
Im delighted with the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Looks fantastic! Love the Vegas. I've decided that if I have any issues with the K the dealer is buying it back and I'm getting a Passat Alltrack.

·
Registered
617 Posts
PeterC said:
Gosh Savage, I will miss your reads as you are one of the few owners with the 2.0 Tsi . I have been told mine is at the port waiting to be shipped for delivery mid September after a long wait since ordered mine mid May. I wanted an suv and chose the Kodiaq. Hope I'm not disappointed as I am now selling my jaguar XF. I hope I don't regret it. Are you really that disillusioned by it?
I've moved from Mercedes E class to the Kodiaq and couldn't be happier. I haven't faced any quality control issues so far (owned it since end of May).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Savage said:
Not as kitted out as the Kodiaq, but so far very happy :cool:
Looks sharp. Hope you got the updated infotainment screen, will be interested to see the interior.

Still loving the Kodi . . . well, until the VRS is released

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No its the old screen, the car is a my17. TBH That doesn't worry me too much I would rather have a car that is assembled properly than the latest tech. (especially as the best "toy" is the 280ps petrol engine) :lol:

The interior has just one option, its a sportline trim so half leather and alcantara in black. This isn't my actual car, but identical.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just noticed that the latest MY has fallen victim to 'knob cull' and just has the capacitive touch buttons, so I'd probably have gone MY17 too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts