Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Can somebody tell me when Skoda factories are REALLY on vaccations? What build weeks exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Roman

·
Registered
407 Posts
27, 28 & 29 is what they should be closed for BUT my source says the Kodiaq factory may be open on 29

·
Registered
407 Posts
As I posted on Briskoda, unless your order is status code 20 the build weeks don't really mean anything.

Ask them if it has gone to Code 20 yet, if it hasn't then you haven't got a build slot yet, just a guestimate that is likely to change.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just to confirm, weeks 27, 28 & 29 are the first three weeks of July?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just for reference the Skoda online chat function from their website is quite efficient on getting your order status. I have copied the status number and meaning from another post below (pure plagiarism):

00 - Without Production Week
10 - With Production Week
20 - With Production Order
30 - In Transit From Factory
36 - In Port of Exit not Released
38 - In Port of Exit Released
39 - Vehicle Shipped
40 - UK Port
60 - In Transit to Dealer
70 - At Dealer

Mine is status 20 with a build week of 26, this week, interestingly it only went to status 20 on Monday which I thought was quite late. I would have expected production to have been confirmed prior to its production week.

I was talking to Skoda UK earlier about another issue and they reminded me that the estimate production to take 2 weeks and shipment to dealer between 4 and 6 weeks. To be fair to the dealer I ordered it from this is in line with their expectations back in May.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
Just for reference the Skoda online chat function from their website is quite efficient on getting your order status. I have copied the status number and meaning from another post below (pure plagiarism):

39 - Vehicle Shipped
40 - UK Port
70 - At Dealer

Mine is status 20 with a build week of 26, this week, interestingly it only went to status 20 on Monday which I thought was quite late. I would have expected production to have been confirmed prior to its production week.

I was talking to Skoda UK earlier about another issue and they reminded me that the estimate production to take 2 weeks and shipment to dealer between 4 and 6 weeks. To be fair to the dealer I ordered it from this is in line with their expectations back in May.
Probably means they will start building this week, but who knows when they will finish given the lack of 3rd row of seats issue and hundreds of 7 seaters sat in a compound awaiting rear seats that they have committed to getting to the UK for BW32.

You may be lucky and it flies through the factory and on to a ship and you see it a lot sooner, but you are probably correct in approx BW32-33 for it landing in the UK.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Jon Edwards said:

39 - Vehicle Shipped
40 - UK Port
70 - At Dealer

Plagiarise away.....be my guest! :lol: My original post has now been buried under loads more posts.

·
Registered
947 Posts
andyvee said:
Jon Edwards said:

39 - Vehicle Shipped
40 - UK Port
70 - At Dealer

Probably means they will start building this week, but who knows when they will finish given the lack of 3rd row of seats issue and hundreds of 7 seaters sat in a compound awaiting rear seats that they have committed to getting to the UK for BW32.

You may be lucky and it flies through the factory and on to a ship and you see it a lot sooner, but you are probably correct in approx BW32-33 for it landing in the UK.
I have another planned chat with Skoda UK on Friday, I will ask about the alleged shortage of seats, not sure if I have missed anything but I haven't seen any definitive evidence that this is a problem or not. So far I have seen posts blaming delays on seats, engine specification, panaramic sunroofs, national holidays and DSG gearbox shortages...... Seems allot of shortages of just about everything.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Panoramic roof supplies has been a perennial problem for Skoda for years! DSGs have also caused delays in the past.
The problem is that a higher %age of all cars are not actually built by the manufacturer. They rely on external suppliers for many items.
Also, in my experience.
Poor old Skoda always seem to get the 'hind tit', when there are shortages Because I reckon 'Daddy' VW, then 'Mummy' Audi get first dibs and the siblings Skoda and SEAT get what's left!
I may be wrong but there never seems to be so many shortages with 'Daddy' & 'Mummy'.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have it from the horses mouth.

Dealers were stopped from ordering 7 seaters for stock or demo vehicles, and could only order 5 seaters. That is why Simpsons have (had) over a dozen 5 seaters in stock, not surprisingly limited to SE as these are 2017MY, so before you could order a SEL or Edition as a 5 seater in the UK. The rest of the above is speculation, my contact could not confirm shortages of anything else as that information had not been circulated within Skoda UK. Doesn't mean that there are not shortages, but that have not seen or heard anything that confirms or denies shortages on engines or DSG. This was after a conversation with the Kodiaq Brand Team who had spoken to the factory.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been in touch with SUK following several changes to my BW. I have been told that the factory closes after this week for 3 weeks, I.e. weeks 27, 28 & 29. My car has now been locked in for BW 30 and this was only possible due to the closure for 3 weeks as otherwise it wouldn't have been confirmed this far in advance. I did ask whether the delay was due to a shortage of anything, I.e. sunroof, rear seats, and was told no there are no shortages it's just due to the specifications I made. Apparently they need so many cars with identical specs before they will build them or it won't be cost effective. Well, we'll wait and see.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Polar68 said:
I've been in touch with SUK following several changes to my BW. I have been told that the factory closes after this week for 3 weeks, I.e. weeks 27, 28 & 29. My car has now been locked in for BW 30 and this was only possible due to the closure for 3 weeks as otherwise it wouldn't have been confirmed this far in advance. I did ask whether the delay was due to a shortage of anything, I.e. sunroof, rear seats, and was told no there are no shortages it's just due to the specifications I made. Apparently they need so many cars with identical specs before they will build them or it won't be cost effective. Well, we'll wait and see.
We should get our Kodiaqs at about the same time, and mine was BW23!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On German forum some guys have production week 29. It looks like Skodians are going to party on the beach 2 weeks only.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I also spoke to Skoda UK on Friday (Not the person I was supposed to) and I specifically asked about the shortage of 7 years and they categorically stated that they were not aware of such issues. Asked about my build week they said it was week 26 still and would take two weeks for me that would suggest the factory is operational in week 27 too.

There seems to be allot of contradictory information about.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
I also spoke to Skoda UK on Friday (Not the person I was supposed to) and I specifically asked about the shortage of 7 years and they categorically stated that they were not aware of such issues. Asked about my build week they said it was week 26 still and would take two weeks for me that would suggest the factory is operational in week 27 too.

I was build week 25, received letter and £500 voucher today as apology for production delay.

I'm not the only one to receive this today so obviously there is a specific problem. Either the person you spoke to was trying to play down the issues or Skoda factory and/or Skoda UK are not briefing staff fully.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It there isn't problem with my configuration....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Jon Edwards said:

Executive Office level or just standard Customer Service Staff?

The factory is 100% closed for BW27 & 28 - what status was your order on Friday, seeing as that was the last day of BW26? Had it started being built?

They do take more than a week to go through the factory, mine didn't even commence build until the Thursday of it's allocated BW.

·
Registered
947 Posts
andyvee said:
Jon Edwards said:

Executive Office level or just standard Customer Service Staff?

The factory is 100% closed for BW27 & 28 - what status was your order on Friday, seeing as that was the last day of BW26? Had it started being built?

They do take more than a week to go through the factory, mine didn't even commence build until the Thursday of it's allocated BW.
It was still as Week 26 status 20 on Friday afternoon, they could not tell me the precise point of manufacture, nor would I expect them too.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts