Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the UK, it is tipped to start from a remarkable £22,500 - undercutting all of its direct opposition according to Auto Car.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

The Kodiaq will hit the road in early 2017. Within three years, it is expected that a coupé version of the Kodiaq will have been launched, the ageing Skoda Yeti will have been renewed and a smaller Skoda crossover to rival the Nissan Juke will also be on sale.

Source: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/skoda-kodiaq-suv-cost-%C2%A322500

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Do I order one asap without seeing it and get delivery in April or do I wait to see it in the flesh and thereby have to wait until June 17 to get it HHMMM decisions decisions. what do you guys think? What will you be doing if intend to get one?
Colin.
AKA Mr Impatient! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I realize that, but I assume that after October 1st Launch at Paris all hell will break lose with prices, colours, options and with any luck Configurator. THEN we should be able to place an order.
I want 1.4 SE L DSG, sun roof heated leather in beige or similar. decent colour, not any of the boring existing colours. I DON'T want all the electronic gizzmology. Rear beepers will do. I don't even want a sat nav though I doubt that we will have the option NOT to have it except on the S.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Petrols are worth considering too. Need to keep in mind that future is petrol, there may be additional tax on Diesel and hence affecting future value.

My preference is 2.o TDI but my mind says PETROL. Any arguments Petrol or Diesel

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Do I order one asap without seeing it and get delivery in April or do I wait to see it in the flesh and thereby have to wait until June 17 to get it HHMMM decisions decisions. what do you guys think? What will you be doing if intend to get one?
Colin.
AKA Mr Impatient! :lol:
You should be able to leave an 'expression of interest' with your dealer, even if they want say a £500 deposit just get them to ensure it's subject to test drive etc.

Then you should get your early build slot and have the option of dropping out should you not like it when you test drive.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Having worked all my life for Shell UK retail division, I am fully of the opinion that diesel is going to become a dead duck. everyone thought it was the wonder fuel as it polluted less that gasoline UNTIL...... The dreaded Nox tests appeared. Now Derv is the devil incarnate.As far as I am concerned there is only one reason to buy an 'oiler' If you tow!.
I am on my 3rd yeti and 4th Skoda. All of which have had the fantastic 1.2 DSG set up. The (first 3 were the old 105BHP , the current one is the new 110BHP) The torque from this fantastic little engine is 176Nm almost derv sized torque.
My youngest son is a complete petrol head and drives a tuned Esprit which is capable of blowing off 911s on track days. He poo-poo'd the 1st 1.2 Skoda (Fabia estate) that I bought until I drove him up a local hill about 150yards long and 1:6 When I hit 50mph at the top he sat there with his mouth open and all he could say was "Yeah, ok, I can't be right all the time!"
The overtake-ability of this engine even lugging a brick like a Yeti is phenomenal. 'kick-down' at 50mph and you get a very decisive kick in the back. One of my chums ahas a BMW 350 twin turbo (0-60 in about 76 seconds) and when he came in my second Yeti he thought it was a 2 litre!.
I am going for the 1.4 DSG in the Kodiaq (subject to etc, etc....

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have driven the 1.4 Superb estate and it was fantastic. I don't tow so as long as i The Kodiaq trundles along as well as the 1.2 Yeti I will be ok.
The DSG will get the higher powered 1.4 engine with 2 cylinder cut-out capability as in the 1.4 Golf. On light loads it cuts out 2 cylinders to improve consumption. As soon as you put your foot down the 2 'resting' cylinders fire up.
I will be grateful for any info you get. An Indian motoring web site said that the Kodiaq was going to be available in 14 colours! So it looks as though they have listened to me (ha-ha) and done something about their out of date and boring palette.
Here are the performance figures for the Superb SEL 1.4 DFSG. I think the Tsi engines are brilliant bits of kit. No other manufacturer gets the performance, both speed, power & consumption out of such small engines. I don't care if they clap out through overwork as I never keep a car out of warranty! The only problem I envisage is that we won't get our hands on a Kodiaq before 1st April '17 so we will all get stuffed with the new VED rate of £140p.a.
Skoda Superb Estate (2015 onwards) 1.4 TSI (150bhp) SE L Executive 5d DSG Specs & Dimensions
1.4 TSI (150bhp) SE L Executive 5d DSG
Specs
For Sale
Available new from: September 2015 - Now

Costs
New price £27,240
Used price range £18,920 - £22,350
Fuel consumption 54 mpg
Insurance group 19
Annual road tax £30 (Band C)
Monthly company car tax cost (Basic Rate) £94 - £95
Monthly company car tax cost (Higher Rate) £187 - £190