Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The positives I can see for this model:

1) Lovely crater anthracite wheels as standard.

2) Can be chosen in velvet red metallic.

Negatives:

1) Very expensive for what it offers.

2) Only black cloth upholstery. No option to choose alcantara or leather.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The whatcar article says it comes with alcantara as standard.

Anyways, I cannot see what this scout model has to offer that would make people pay more. A mere 6mm higher ride height and some hard to spot cosmetic exterior differences surely isn't much. Everything else can be specced on a standard Kodiaq as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really don't like the silver addons to the front and rear or the wood trim.

I would have liked the wheels, underbody protection and the extra 6mm height but the negatives outweigh them...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Siminy said:
The whatcar article says it comes with alcantara as standard.
So does the skoda-auto link.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I loomed at ordering a Scout but decided to stick with Edition as scout only comes with Alcantara, leather is not even an option.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried speccing the Scout on the configurator. It only comes with cloth upholstery (UK).

·
Registered
188 Posts
bigboss said:
I tried speccing the Scout on the configurator. It only comes with cloth upholstery (UK).
When I used the (UK) configurator, it said "black upholstery", not "cloth". The prices and specs booklet available on the Skoda UK website is now the Nov 17 version and includes the Scout. It says "Alcantara upholstery seats with Scout logo" and also "Alcantara door panels".

·
Registered
49 Posts
bigboss said:
The positives I can see for this model:
2) Can be chosen in velvet red metallic.
Velvet red metallic is available here for the standard Kodiaq. In fact that's what I've ordered. Though I'm slightly nervous about it, as I haven't seen one in the flesh yet. I love the colour as shown on the Dutch configurator, but on some of the others it's a bit too bright. Anyway, the dealer has told me I have plenty of time yet to change the colour if I need to, and he's promised to let me know when one arrives here so I can pop along and see it to confirm whether my choice is right or not.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DaveM said:
bigboss said:
When I used the (UK) configurator, it said "black upholstery", not "cloth". The prices and specs booklet available on the Skoda UK website is now the Nov 17 version and includes the Scout. It says "Alcantara upholstery seats with Scout logo" and also "Alcantara door panels".
Looks like the configurator isn't perfect. I thought black upholstery means cloth. Whatcar review suggests its based on the SE spec. When I specced my Kodiaq, it was clear about Alcantara.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts