Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 'Simply Clever' features available in the ŠKODA Kodiaq are further proof that ŠKODA always offers 'a little bit more car for your money'. These include door-edge protection: which deploy automatically thanks to preloaded springs when opening the car door and prevents the metal edge of the door from coming into contact with a garage wall or an adjacent vehicle. When shutting the door, the trim folds itself back in. This prevents bumps and scratches to your own car, as well as neighbouring vehicles.

Electric child safety lock for the rear doors, In-Car Communication and the sleep package headrests are available as optional extras for the first time in a ŠKODA. All in all, the ŠKODA Kodiaq provides more than 30 'Simply Clever' features, seven of which are new.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Grille

Driver assistance systems

ŠKODA's large SUV is available with a wide range of driver assistance systems.

A new innovation is Trailer Assist: when the ŠKODA Kodiaq is towing a trailer, the system can take over steering when reversing slowly. Additionally, while reversing, the new Manoeuvre Assist will brake as soon as an obstacle is detected behind the vehicle. The system is controlled using an enhanced function of the rear parking sensors.

The Area View system is also a first for the brand: the surround-view cameras, which are located in the front and rear as well as the wing mirrors of the ŠKODA Kodiaq, come with wide-angle lenses and allow views of the area immediately surrounding the car to be displayed on the monitor. These include a virtual, top-down view and 180-degree images to the front and rear.

Front Assist including City Emergency Brakecomes as standard and, using radar, can detect dangerous situations involving pedestrians or other vehicles in front of the car. If necessary, the system warns the driver and, when required, partially or fully applies the brakes. City Emergency Brake is active up to 21 mph. The optional Predictive Pedestrian Protection complements Front Assist.

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is also radar assisted and helps the driver to maintain the selected speed and the desired gap between the ŠKODA Kodiaq and the car in front. Lane Assist, Blind Spot Detect and Rear Traffic Alert help the driver to stay in lane, make changing lanes safer using the rear radar and help when manoeuvring in reverse. If the car is fitted with Lane Assist, ACC and DSG transmission, Traffic Jam Assist comes as an additional function and maintains speed and applies the brakes in slow-moving traffic. Additionally, the car will be kept in lane up to speeds of 40 mph thanks to the Lane Assist function.

Driver Alert detects signs of fatigue in the driver and prompts the driver to take a break while Emergency Assist, only in combination with DSG transmission, is a further function of the ACC and Lane Assist combination. Should the danger arise that the driver is unable to drive, the system can bring the large SUV to a standstill.

Crew Protect Assist, available in a choice of two variants, closes the windows and sunroof, and tensions the seat belts automatically in the event of an impending accident. If you have an accident, the Multi-Collision Brake, which comes as standard, prevents any further uncontrolled movement of the ŠKODA Kodiaq. The camera-based Travel Assist with Traffic Sign Recognition displays speed limits and other road signs as images on the in-car computer as well as the navigation system.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

ŠKODA Connect

With its infotainment and connectivity solutions, the large SUV from ŠKODA shows how an SUV can always be online. ŠKODA presents innovative mobile online services, navigation, information and entertainment in Kodiaq and ŠKODA Connect helps with remote access to the vehicle as well as assistance.

ŠKODA Connect is comprised of two categories: the Infotainment Online services provide more information and real-time navigation details. Care Connect provides remote access as well as assistance.

Infotainment Online includes online traffic information, which shows traffic flow on the chosen route in real time. The Google Earth services (available for the Columbus system) embed the route into a topographical view from Google; Google Street View (available for the Columbus system) displays a street view of the destination. Map updates as well as fuel prices, parking information, online news, weather information and 'My Points of Interest' services round off the infotainment package. Infotainment Online services are provided free of charge for the first year after purchasing a new car and are available at an extra cost thereafter.

The Emergency Call after an accident is the most important feature of the Care Connect services: the Emergency Call (eCall) is sent directly to an emergency call centre whena restraint system is deployed. This comes as standard and is integrated into the Care Connect services. It also comes with a notification function for minor accidents as well as a breakdown call. Proactive Service is also included in the Care Connect services. When this is activated, all of the required data is sent to the garage in a timely manner before a vehicle's service.

The third Care Connect service is Remote Access. ŠKODA now also offers the ŠKODA Connect app, which can be used to access and control additional services. For example: the smartphone will alert the owner if their car is being moved by a third party in an unauthorised manner - be that too fast or outside a specified area. Using the app, the route planner can be transferred from home to the navigation system in the car.

For the first time, the SmartLink all-in-one app also integrates SmartGate in the new ŠKODA Kodiaq SUV - alongside Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink™. All of the popular services are available in just one app: navigational data, music and news as well as all relevant vehicle data via the car's infotainment system.

Vehicle registration plate Tire Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle

Infotainment systems

The music and infotainment systems in the ŠKODA Kodiaq represent the latest technology, working quickly, offering state-of-the-art functions and interfaces, and feature capacitive touch displays in a glass design - they react to the touch of a finger and not just to pressure. The basic functions are easy to operate using physical buttons and control dials.

The Swing infotainment system with its 6.5-inch screen comes as standard. It can be supplemented with a smartphone Bluetooth connection and ŠKODA SmartLink. SmartLink supports the use of Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLinkTM in the car. When the customer connects their phone to the USB port, the relevant setting is shown on the infotainment display.

The optional Bolero infotainment system features a high-definition 8.0-inch touchscreen, including the In-Car Communication (ICC) function. The hands-free microphone records the driver's voice, and transfers it to the back seats via the rear speakers.

The Amundsen navigation infotainment system builds on the capabilities of the Bolero system with a navigation function as well as a special display mode for driving off-road or even in narrow car parks. The top-of-the-range infotainment system, the Columbus navigation system, adds a 64-GB flash memory and DVD drive. An optional LTE module facilitates high-speed online access in the ŠKODA Kodiaq. Using a WLAN hotspot (optional), passengers can use their mobile devices to surf, stream and send emails at their convenience.

The optional Phonebox charges a smartphone inductively using the Qi standard and connects to the car aerial - both processes occur wirelessly. The Canton Sound System features ten speakers, including a subwoofer, and has a power output of 575 watts. As an option, the ŠKODA Kodiaq can be equipped with tablet holders that can be attached to the front headrests. The devices can be charged using optional 230 V and USB sockets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
All I want is the Bluddy car! When are they going to stop tiddling about and get the configurator up and working and allow us to place an order?
I have never known a new car taking so long from first appearing to ordering. If they're not careful I'll go and order a Forester. At least I won't have all the electronic crap on it. I haven't met a person yet that wants all the electronic gizzmology that the Kodiaq has. What IS the point of being permanently connected to the 'interweb' There is going to to be a helluvva prang when some moron starts inputting on Twatter or Farcebook while he's driving!
Complete non required overkill. (IMHO!) All I want is radio/cd, bluetooth reversing beepers. (camera is pointless, they don't look round corners like beepers & they get obscured by road film in bad weather, so you have to get out and clean it before you can see where you are going.)
Somebody will tell me to buy the 'S' but I want heated leather and a sunroof but that won't be allowed on the 'pleb' version. Forester looking more attractive by the minute!! AND IT HAS A FIVE YEAR WARRANTY!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't mind having a decent and safe way of playing music from my phone which I understand Apple Play does, I do agree that constantly being connected will lead to distractions when SMS messages or Tweets are displayed on the screen.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
S 1.4 DSG 2WD with heated leather and panoramic roof, SOLD!
FAT CHANCE!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello,
just strugelling to find out if my new K has SmartGate installed or not...when reading Rob's post above:
"For the first time, the SmartLink all-in-one app also integrates SmartGate in the new ŠKODA Kodiaq SUV - alongside Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink™. All of the popular services are available in just one app: navigational data, music and news as well as all relevant vehicle data via the car's infotainment system."
is suggest me, my K is coming with SmartGate. But when trying to link "MySkoda" app via Smartgate, it never finishes connection..
How can I know if my K is equipped with SmartGate or not ?
p.s.: I can setup mobile hotspot and connect to it (WiFi) without problems...
p.p.s.: OneApp also connects to K's hotspot, I can get tracking working (more or less... :? )
Thanks

Tomi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts