Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Im in ireland and am having terrible trouble with our dealer regarding our delivery date. We were told beginning of may and despite calling weekly they cannot give me a build date. They say the factory don't even know which I find ridiculous. Also, we tried to change wheels, put beige leather sports seats in and were told not an option. Sports seats aren't even available in black. If we went for beige leather we lost the tablet holders and panoramic sunroof as was part of a pack. Its all a bit odd now and we are spending 45K euro seems madness that we cant get answers or the extras we want. My husband wanted black wheels, they aren't an option - this list is endless.
Would any of you have a contact in skoda head office or factory I can contact regarding same.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not sure if this is of help but get on to Skoda's Twitter account and make yourself heard, they usually react by asking you to get in contact as they don't like bad publicity... I'm assuming Skoda IE has a twitter page.

Twitter is a shit format but great for getting things done on...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd suggest trying their contact number from the website which is 1850 812 764.

I had an issue with Skoda UK and called the main helpline. My issue was quickly escalated, then sorted, and I now have a helpful contact in the UK "Executive Office" with direct email and office extension number.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Polar,

This is the number I used. 01 8989700 ask for the skoda customer service. I found them helpful but make sure you get a name.

Hope you get some good news

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree with what MoominPapa said - Skoda UK have been helpful to me, and others here, worth giving them a try.

Let us all know how you get on - wish you all the best in getting it resolved, and your experience in getting it resolved will help others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I placed my order 3 weeks ago for a lease and have been contacting my dealer since then for a build date.
It was only this week that my dealer finally got back to me to advise Late June/Early July but did not give me an actual build date.

Should I accept this answer or should I push for a build date?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are sports seats and black wheels build options?
The wheels can probably be purchased separately.

G

·
Hi Polar,
Also in Ireland .. When did you order ?
I ordered end of march and tentative / estimated date is July . I spoke to my dealer last week and he also confirmed that no build week has yet been set for my order but said that Skoda Irl are looking at having the bulk of recent orders ready for 172 reg.
I don't recall Sport seat being an option here . Also don't understand why selecting beige leather would make you lose the pack ( I presume Style pack with pano roof / elec boot and table holders ) : I'm getting beige leather with style pack ...
You could mail skoda ireland customer care if needed : [email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also in Ireland. I ordered 1st March and didn't get a build week from the dealer until second week in April. I was told it would be built week 24. So a July delivery for a 172 plate looks very likely.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Polar said:
Hi Guys

Im in ireland and am having terrible trouble with our dealer regarding our delivery date. We were told beginning of may and despite calling weekly they cannot give me a build date. They say the factory don't even know which I find ridiculous. Also, we tried to change wheels, put beige leather sports seats in and were told not an option. Sports seats aren't even available in black. If we went for beige leather we lost the tablet holders and panoramic sunroof as was part of a pack. Its all a bit odd now and we are spending 45K euro seems madness that we cant get answers or the extras we want. My husband wanted black wheels, they aren't an option - this list is endless.
Would any of you have a contact in skoda head office or factory I can contact regarding same.

Thanks in advance
Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Surely it is not impossible for Skoda website to have a build/delivery app that customers can use to follow their vehicle through the process? This would stop all the frustration being felt by customers!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
chris101 said:
I placed my order 3 weeks ago for a lease and have been contacting my dealer since then for a build date.
It was only this week that my dealer finally got back to me to advise Late June/Early July but did not give me an actual build date.

Should I accept this answer or should I push for a build date?
Ask your dealer what the build week is, and what's the status of your order? Status 10 would mean there is a build week.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Robert said:
Surely it is not impossible for Skoda website to have a build/delivery app that customers can use to follow their vehicle through the process? This would stop all the frustration being felt by customers!!!
NO! Apparently it isn't possible.
I brought the matter up with senior management in SUK. VW GB have such a system and one would think it would not be beyond the wit of man to adapt it to fit Skoda, since they are all the same family. But apparently they tried it a few years ago and didn't like it, so instead of making it work they abandoned the idea. Instead, you have to rely on your dealer keeping you up to speed, many of which seem totally incapable of doing, if comments in this place are anything to go by.
I am lucky in that I have an extremely 'switched on' dealer who kept checking the progress of my car and constantly updated me with a JPG of the updated progress sheet from the factory showing the code number. Some dealers apparently don't even know such things exist!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Robert said:
We (those who frequent forums) are a tiny percentage of people who buy new cars, most people wouldn't even wait a month for a car to be built let alone several months.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Also forum followers are invariably the enthusiastic bunch who get worked up about minutiae.
I have friends who are not enthusiastic about cars & they tend to order and don't give a stuff about when their cars get delivered. (Strange people 😀)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I did as you advised and rang skoda customer service ireland part of VW group who were pure clueless as to the extras. Said that has to go through the dealer. Im in Kildare and the dealer has been v unhelpful with regard to having the sports seats same as in the superb in the kodiaj says point blankly it cant be done. We have to have black leather as if we go for beige leather we lose the style pack and would have to pay extra for the roof etc.....
What he did tell me as to supply a comms no which I did - then he said that it looks like the car will be built on week 22 - then 10-12 weeks later it will land in the country giving it a aug/sept delivery date.
At this rate Id be better off waiting till jan for a new 181

·
Registered
617 Posts
Polar said:
Well I did as you advised and rang skoda customer service ireland part of VW group who were pure clueless as to the extras. Said that has to go through the dealer. Im in Kildare and the dealer has been v unhelpful with regard to having the sports seats same as in the superb in the kodiaj says point blankly it cant be done. We have to have black leather as if we go for beige leather we lose the style pack and would have to pay extra for the roof etc.....
What he did tell me as to supply a comms no which I did - then he said that it looks like the car will be built on week 22 - then 10-12 weeks later it will land in the country giving it a aug/sept delivery date.
At this rate Id be better off waiting till jan for a new 181
Why don't you configure the model yourself and take the final configuration to your dealer?

It is possible to have beige leather seats with style pack when I configured.

https://mobilecc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/irl/irl/en-ie/#modelGroupCode=5E3&carlineCode=68718&step=0

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think you can have sports seats in the Kodiaq yet. It's certainly not available in the UK. I believe it will be offered with the Sportline version in the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts