·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Give the car a honk in the factory hahaha

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes I would like more info on this even though I've ordered I Still dont know much about it. Any info appreciated 👍

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Brilliant, But I think I'm too flipping old for all this tech. It's only free for the first year and then I understand it's £500 YIKES! a year. Anyone know any different to that it sounds way over the top to me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for the info guys... Just hope it's not £500 a year.. Ouch that's a lot considering the price of the Kodiaq..

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is yet another area where Skoda is letting us all down. They are offering something yet are unable to be absolutely clear what the offer is. I have tried various avenues: Dealer; Skoda Customer Service; Skoda Factory; Other forums. but nobody has an answer.
Having studied everything that is available to me (not much) I believe that the embedded SIM that is used for the operation of the three buttons: Emergency; Breakdown and Customer Service Help is there for ever and is free. Infotainment on the other hand is a paid for service. I understand (but can't get it confirmed) that Infotainment is free for the first year. You can choose an Option for three years Infotainment and that is either one year free and you pay for years 2 & 3, or if the first year wasn't free (contrary to my understanding) then we are being charged £250 per year for Infotainment. The crucial point now is: Is Skoda Connect considered part of Infotainment or is it part of Customer Service? If the latter, and that is where I believe/hope it sits then it will be free.
This really is a very simple question we are asking and it is incredible that nobody in the Skoda organisation can supply a definitive answer.
Even more surprising since these cars have been in build for a number of weeks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
https://media.skoda-auto.com/en/Pages/Kodiaq.aspx

just found this

ŠKODA now also offers the ŠKODA Connect app, which can be used to access and control additional services. For example: the smartphone will alert the owner if their car is being moved by a third party in an unauthorised manner - be that too fast or outside a specified area. Using the app, the route planner can be transferred from home to the navigation system in the car.

For the first time, the SmartLink all-in-one app also integrates SmartGate in the new ŠKODA KODIAQ SUV - alongside the existing Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink™ standards. All of the popular services are available in just one app: navigational data, music and news as well as all relevant vehicle data via the car's infotainment system - and this is the case for every trim level.

·
Registered
314 Posts
KodiaqGirl said:
Having studied everything that is available to me (not much) I believe that the embedded SIM that is used for the operation of the three buttons: Emergency; Breakdown and Customer Service Help is there for ever and is free. Infotainment on the other hand is a paid for service. I understand (but can't get it confirmed) that Infotainment is free for the first year. You can choose an Option for three years Infotainment and that is either one year free and you pay for years 2 & 3, or if the first year wasn't free (contrary to my understanding) then we are being charged £250 per year for Infotainment.
When I configured one it would not let me add the "Care Connect 1 year and Infotainment Online 3 years" (free) without also selecting either "3 years infotainment online' for £500 or the "3 years infotainment online with phone box" for £750.

It will apparently be std fit next year, but no doubt the price will go up to accommodate it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Skoda uses Here Maps MapCare:

'Currently 23 automotive makers offer MapCare with their more technologically advanced vehicles. These are BMW, Nissan, Mercedes, Kia, Volvo, Peugeot, Citroen, Honda, Hyundai, Mazda, Volkswagen, Mitsubishi, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Harley Davidson, Tesla, Toyota, Fuso, Hino, Dacia, Isuzu and UD Trucks.'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts