Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Skoda connect

18K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  vesku 
#1 ·
When connecting to Skoda connect, I have the following message :
Service is deactivated or your car is in privacy mode.

Note :I used to connect to the app before

Any ideas?
Thanks

#2 ·
I had this message the other day. Next day it was back to normal :/

You can check the service activation on the Skoda Connect portal (website, not app)

#4 ·
Interesting.
I have the same message for all pages, bar the "Doors & Lights" page which does inform me that the car is locked.

I am sure this worked until recently. To me this smacks of a server-side problem.
Keep checking, I'd say.

#6 ·
Very interesting.
How long have you chaps had your cars?
Mine was about the 6th on the road in the Country i:e: one of the oldest on the forum. After initial niggles 'Connect' has worked fine ever since (using Android
Nougat 7.1 )& I have never been told that the licence has expired?????
I can assure Mr Skoda that if they try and bill me for £54 they will be told to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. What a cheek!

#11 ·
The same for me (Croatia). Skoda replied to me that they are aware of that problem and they are trying to fix it.

#12 ·
Same for me.

#13 ·
Had mine from July 17, had a couple of glitches on the iOS app before, tried re-installing but same fault, works fine on the web page, I will give it a few days and see what happens. :)

#14 ·
Mine has always worked perfectly on Android Nougat 7.,1apart from one disconnect about 9 months ago.

#15 ·
Mine stopped working a couple of days ago - mine is Apple iPhone fully up to date.
Tried re-installing app but to no avail. As I've only had the car 2 weeks (it was a demonstrator before ) MAY 17 reg who do I complain to?

#20 ·
iwarv said:
Fuzzz said:
Whats the MMI?
I am a software engineer by trade and I suspect @emanon works in similar circles. MMI stands for "Man Machine Interface" in geek speak.
It's your entertainment unit.
Or he could be coming from an Audi perspective and then it's 'Multi-Media Interface'.

I'm a software engineer by trade and have never used Man Machine Interface, it's always a GUI. Though I'm too old to be considered 'in' with Geek Speak :lol:

#24 ·
Applied the suggested fix on the infotainment system. Worked a treat. Thank you!

#25 ·
Skoda Connect app not working on my iphone but on the website connect portal it's bang up to date with a drive I finished 10 mins ago.

No request for payment on my online account so presume it's an app issue.

#26 ·
BlueKodiaq10 said:
Skoda Connect app not working on my iphone but on the website connect portal it's bang up to date with a drive I finished 10 mins ago.

No request for payment on my online account so presume it's an app issue.
I agree it makes no sense that the web page would work and yet the apps on our phones do not.
Yet people here seem to agree that following the steps in emanon's post solves the problem.

I suggest you have a go. I will too a little later on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.