Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Having trouble with my app Scoda Connect
I can send routes to the car but it does not recognise anything else Have checked the car settings and all seems to be fine have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it to no avail Last time I was able to connect was over a week ago any suggestions it has been working since I bought the car 6 months ago
Regards Legacy 2

·
Registered
421 Posts
I had problems with connections. It could see my phone but kept disconnecting immediately. I went in circles redoing the WLAN settings from beginning and managed to fix it. I lose WLAN/it won't connect if my phone's plugged in via USB and adding to that, Android Auto starts up on my phone as soon as I turn on the cars ignition and it won't tether whilst this app is open.

There are some decent and useful things in the infotainment but it needs a lot of work. It really needs to be more streamlined. The apps need to integrate more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I link my phone to the car WLAN system, and the next time I start the car it's lost the connection! Not sure if there's something in settings that I've missed so it connects automatically?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got the same WLAN issue. It's not auto connecting to my phone. Bluetooth does, but not WLAN. Annoying! I'll have a play at the weekend and see if I can find out what's up. If anybody else has it sussed please let me know. BTW I'm using an iPhone 7 as the mobile hotspot.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you are trying to use the phones data services through the Columbus then consider connecting your phone by Bluetooth as a business phone as it uses rSAP. This assumes your phone is compatible with rSAP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
FoxtrotAlpha said:
If you are trying to use the phones data services through the Columbus then consider connecting your phone by Bluetooth as a business phone as it uses rSAP. This assumes your phone is compatible with rSAP.
Which none of the iPhones appear to have :x

Can anyone advise what the best set-up is and what they use in their car as this is a confusing subject.

Do you just use data/ music Bluetooth connection from your phone ?
Does anyone put a mini sim in the external Columbus module and if so what advantages/ disadvantages does that have ?
With rSAP not being an Apple standard (or quite a few other manufacturers) I'm not sure what rSAP delivers which standard Bluetooth or the sim car slot doesn't

The manual is really confusing on this subject.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mines always been hit and miss when plugged in sometimes apps work sometimes they don't want have Amundsen even with genuine lead very disappointed. I can send things from the app when at home as connected to home WiFi but on the move I've only ever had problems . I had iPhone 6 and XS the Xs seems to be even worse

·
Registered
25 Posts
I sussed this one out this morning!

There are two possible ways via Bluetooth to be able to connect to the internet via WLAN.
One is via the car using a SIM in the slot provided in the car.
The other is via your mobile phone.

So I'd already established a WLAN connection between my car and my phone. But I realised that it was actually the car which was trying to be the gateway to the web. This will only work if you have a SIM in the car, obviously.

When I checked the settings for WLAN, the box was ticked for "Mobile Hotspot". I'd originally thought it meant it was using the mobile as a hotspot, but it doesn't. It actually means you car is a hotspot for the mobile. So without a SIM in the car that gate is closed.

By unticking the "Mobile Hotspot" box and reconnecting to your phone with the "Personal Hotspot" active on the phone, the gateway to the web is now via your phone! The job is a good'un!

Now my phone automatically connects when the Bluetooth and Personal Hotspot is activated and the ignition is switched on in the car. Skoda Connect now works.

Hope this helps anybody else having issues...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the info Tony

Is there any advantage to using the external sim over connecting via Bluetooth using your iPhone ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm going to try this later , I thought it only worked on iPhones when plugged in like the CarPlay

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pete_g said:
Thanks for the info Tony

Is there any advantage to using the external sim over connecting via Bluetooth using your iPhone?

I don't know. I've not used a SIM in the car. Just figured it was most sensible to use my phone data.

That said, I did get a free 200MB/month SIM from Three which I see a few people have done. I might actually give it a go with that SIM to find out. As long as it's less than 200MB per month it won't cost me anything to do it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Tony. Would be good to know how you get on with the Three sim.

Pete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts