Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, forgive me if this has already been touched upon but can someone tell me if my 'Edition' should have come with a SIM card rather than using my phone to tether - in order to use Skoda connect services?
I'm sure I read somewhere when I first ordered it that you get 12/24 moths of connection??
Cheers,

Barry.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You get 12 months of the Skoda service, but have to use your own connection via phone or some people use a Mifi USB stick.
Unless you specified the LTE option @ £750 (but you still have to provide the sim).
Althought the LTE now seems to have disappeared from the UK configurator.

·
Registered
617 Posts
There's a Bluetooth with LTE and wireless charging option for £275 in the configurator.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Strange, I checked a 7 seater edition last night and the option wasn't there on the configurator

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers all.

·
Registered
617 Posts
andyvee said:
Strange, I checked a 7 seater edition last night and the option wasn't there on the configurator
Doesn't it come as standard on the Edition anyway? You can see the option on SE L.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It didn't used to, it was listed as an option on the configurator before the MY changes.

If mine ever turns up I'll let you know as it was BW23 so has the new 9.2" screen and whatever other changes got made for 2018MY

·
Registered
194 Posts
andyvee said:
It didn't used to, it was listed as an option on the configurator before the MY changes.

If mine ever turns up I'll let you know as it was BW23 so has the new 9.2" screen and whatever other changes got made for 2018MY
I'm thinking exactly the same.......mine was BW22 and is currently on a boat from Emden - Grimsby. I'm wondering if a Sim is now standard on the Edition with 9.2" Columbus? Nice surprise if it is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There's s SIM card slot no sim. I've the bigger screen and it's fab. I set up connect today using my phones hotspot but think I'll go down the route of a data only sim in future.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cool, might have to invest in a data only SIM then :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jacro said:
There's s SIM card slot no sim. I've the bigger screen and it's fab. I set up connect today using my phones hotspot but think I'll go down the route of a data only sim in future.
Let me know how you get on. I have a fairly complex Euro roadtrip coming up and it might be useful to have the car smarter than usual with a roaming (now at no extra cost within EU?) data only sim...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yep - keep us all posted.

Do you need a full size SIM?

Is there any restriction on which Network?

If anyone finds any really good deals on data only SIMs. either pre-paid or PAYG - I don't think I will be getting a contract one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Best I can see is virgin £5 for 1g £8 for 2g on a 12 month contract. I did see a post on either here or briskoda somebody who bought a sim that you just topped up with data as you needed it with no time limits but I can't find it.
Also. How much data will I need? A lot of the connect stuff looks gimmicky to me but I do like the idea of streaming Spotify.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm gonna go for a 'Three' SIM, it's a one off payment of £40 - for a 12GB SIM that lasts for 12 months.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Do the units support Three?

Sure they use different frequencies for LTE?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really?? Good job you mentioned that before I bought it - it tethered up to my Three mobile phone hotspot tho - or is that different??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've just checked with 'Three' and their SIMs are LTE compatible (4G).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Basherdrummer said:
Thanks Basherdrummer......that £40 looks like a good deal, so appreciate you checking.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Basherdrummer said:
They are indeed - what specs are needed though as there are multiple frequencies, and Three doesn't provide 2G (which is used for texts)

EE
800MHz (4G)
1800MHz (2G & 4G)
2100MHz (3G)
2600MHz (4G)

O2
800MHz (4G)
900MHz (2G & 3G)
1800MHz (2G)
2100MHz (3G)

Vodafone
800MHz (4G)
900MHz (2G & 3G)
1800MHz (2G)
2100MHz (3G)
2600MHz (4G)

Three
800MHz (4G)
1800MHz (4G)
2100MHz (3G)

So as long as the Columbus supports 800 & 1800MHz for 4G and 2100MHz for 3G and doesn't require 2G then Three is OK.

Only EE & Vodafone use 2600MHz for 4G

1 - 20 of 42 Posts