Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question may have been covered previously. However what Apps are we using. Zach would be interested in your reply.
Is there apart from the dealers App here in Melbourne Apps for Skoda Media for instance or such.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
I'm in the same situation as Roman apart from no skoda connect.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have 'Connect' app working and have tried to download 'My Skoda' (I assume Ks have 'Smartlink'?)
But Meadens do not appear either on the list of dealers or by search. So until I can find them I can go no further with the set up. Very strange, since they have, in the past, been dealer of the year!
Am I just doubling up by having both? I don't need 'Paul' to tell me I'm going to be late for a meeting or giving me an alarm call. So will I get any more, other than online hand book, than I get with 'Connect' app?
Anybody who has managed to get 'My Skoda' working, have any comments?
Call buttons still not working. Skoda Connect dept looking into it!!!
This is getting far too complicated for an old [email protected] like me!
I am slowly loosing the will to live.
I think I will just drive it like a car and not like a NASA communications hub it appears to pretend to be! :roll:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've just downloaded MySkoda app. It found my dealer and tells me when it was built. I'm also able to view and download in PDF the digital service record. Functionality is quite different to Skoda Connect app from what I can see so far.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Seems to be three types of apps plus media command

Skoda Connect
-my skoda
-skoda connect
Android Auto
-self contained
Smart Drive
-Skoda Drive
-Smart Gate
-Places
-one App

Love skoda connect, nice simple app

The smart drive apps aren't really useful, other manufacturers seem to have more functionality

Not played much with android auto

Not played enough with media command, was hoping to be able to share content from the columbus, but it only seems to control the uniy

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are we expecting too much from the Apps?? Although the car is a computer on wheels. And should be a breeze to work through them all.

The Kodiaq's combined computer capacity probably is a 1000 times more than the capacity of the computers on Apollo 11. You know the moon landing, all those years ago, 1969. All done without Apps.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
For some reason Meadens do not appear on the dealer list or search function, which is very strange since they were dealer of the year last year.
So I am stumped and cannot complete the registration of the app.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
apparently the fault is known about and some dealers do not appear. Also on Skoda Connect app you should be able to put in your chosen dealer but there is no way of doing so. The chap I spoke to (see my post in ConnectFunction) managed to apply it to my account on his computer but it still does not show on the app.
I find it very disappointing that after all the bullsh1t about connectivity in the advertising blurb for the K, some of it on some cars, is simply unusable [email protected]!
VERY frustrating!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts