Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently taken possession of my new Skoda Kodiaq. When going through some of the paperwork documentation, I noticed that there was no service booklet. I contacted my dealer and was told that it is now all done electronically and that many manufacturers are using this method for servicing.
I wondered if that is a dealer decision or whether it was something that has come from Skoda. I have always had a servicing booklet when buying a new car, the last one being four and a half years ago.
Has anyone been given a servicing booklet by their dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My last car, a Mazda 6 was the same. Had an app on my phone which retrieved the service history, and could produce it as a pdf if needed. Whenever it was services I stop got a print from the dealers so not sure what a digital service history saved.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Got my Octavia 3+ years ago - no service book, and none with this Kodiaq. They always provided me with a print-out at each workshop visit (and there were plenty of them - Damn EGR valve!)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just think it is false economy. The service booklets of yesteryear used to give you information within it as to what was required in a particular service. When selling a car they (or indeed anyone in a private sale) will ask you if you have a full service history.
Seems to me that in some aspects it may well be better but if you are continually being given printouts of the service history of your vehicle then it does nothing for the carbon footprint and use of scarce resources. I always found it easy to check the service history (with invoices to back up) by checking a few pages of a service booklet.
May well just be a ploy to get more people to use the services of their agents the dealers when having any work done.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Skoda, along with many other manufacturers did away with service books some time ago. It is not the dealer's decision.
everything is now done electronically.
To ensure a full service history for when you sell the car ensure you get a detailed invoice of all work done on the car whether service or warranty work.
You can find generic servicing schedules here. Your dealer can advise you on the schedules for a specific model.
I much prefer the system it is much simpler. At least you are not at risk of losing the records.
Skoda servicing is cheaper than most. Be grateful you don't own a Mercedes. their dealer charges START at approx £300 for a MINOR service on an A class!
http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed/pages/default.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjwv_fKBRCG8a3ao-OQuZ8BEiQAvpHp6CuRAnxbcvzcruCz_8fjS96D8evWuaxexUqnInw2Sl0aAmSF8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP21jOee9NQCFWeHUQodrMMJig

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was very disappointed with I-can-repair-everything-really!!! repair shops so I am glad that electronic service booklet was introduced. You can visit any official repair shop to get the history. Even the mileage can't be faked anymore.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My previous car was a Mercedes E class for 4 years. Never had a service booklet. At the time of selling, I went to the dealer who printed the service history out to me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am just a dinosaur from another age.
😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
49 Posts
KodiaqDna said:
😂😂😂😂😂
I think they are a great idea. As long as the software allows access to the need to know data.

My current BMW 220d Active Tourer stores what was carried out at service on the iDrive. No need for print out. When service is due displays what work is required, it will then contact my preferred service centre with requirements and they contact me to book it in. My last service in & out in 90 mins because they knew what was needed & could pre-order the parts.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
KodiaqDna said:
😂😂😂😂😂
Do you want to share my cave?? :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Colin Lambert said:
KodiaqDna said:
😂😂😂😂😂
Do you want to share my cave?? :lol:
Why not. In for a penny, in for a pound.
:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts