Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Merry Christmas" Skodiaq owners,

Any one struggling to get their door mirrors to "lower" when selecting reverse.
My Superb used to do it all automatically once selecting it on he Columbus system Radio/tv/Sat Nav thing. Thus as a Kodiaq is a Superb on steroids, most of the equipment and toys are similar.

Hopefully the Handbook will make things a little clearer, but I have seen on the other Skoda pages, ( not our forum) was going on about their Octavia only worked when the mirror adjusting switch was on the L position.

Can this be so? Not the most important of my bears bells and whistles, but when its needed , its really useful, particularly as it is not advised to rely entirely on the revers camera.
Thanks in advance Chaps. ( meanwhile, still waiting for Father Christmas to get a container or two of the spare parts we need in Skoda Dealers stock, particularly windscreens )
OttosDad

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, door mirror switch has to be pointing to the passenger side mirror - it has always been like this on Octavias, Superbs, Yeti's etc. that have the feature

·
Registered
159 Posts
Doesn't work on mine for some reason. Thought I read in a coding-related thread that it's turned off by default on the Kodiaq?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
None of my 3 Yetis had it and I am v. P'd off that the K (SE L) doesn't have this function. It cant be that expensive to include it when building the car.
My dealer says it can't be done even using VCDS. I think dealers have been instructed by Skoda not to do anything that will upgrade above the level at which it is bought~~~Spoilsports

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies Chaps . I can get the mirrors to "turn in" when selecting reverse , but not down. Will try the page 77/78 directions when Christmas settles down , but my 4x4 Superb ( ex head office staff car apparantly) sir drop the face of the mirrors down on selection of reverse , with the window button in "off" . Why is nothing simple any more ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was disappointed it doesn't have near side mirror that turns when in reverse. Particularly annoying when my other car, Seat Leon FR sports tourer that was c£10k less does have it and it's from the same stable. Also previous car Honda CRV did have it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have it on mine. Are you sure you haven't got it?

You do need to set it up - follow the instructions in the manual.

I've never known a VAG car drop both mirrors and with the switch in '0', that is a new one on me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine do dip when car is put in reverse

Memory function of the remote control key
Applies to vehicles that do not have the personalisation function.
 Read and observe on page 85 first.
Every time the vehicle is locked, the driver´s seat and exterior mirror settings
are saved and assigned to the key with which the vehicle was locked.
After the following unlocking of the vehicle with the same key and opening the
driver's door, the driver´s seat and exterior mirrors that are saved to this key
will be adopted.
This function can be used in Infotainment in the menu  /  →  → Seats (activated/deactivated).
Storing front passenger´s exterior mirror settings for reversing
The function for lowering the front passenger's mirror area during reversing
can be activated in Infotainment in the menu  /  →  → Mirrors and wipers.
› Unlock the vehicle with the remote control key and switch on the ignition.
› Turn the rotary knob for the exterior mirror control to the position for the
front passenger mirror area » page 83.
› Engage reverse gear.
› Adjust the front passenger's mirror to the desired position.
› Disengage reverse gear. The adjusted position of the exterior mirror is stored
in the remote control key memory.
Stopping the ongoing adjustment
› Press any button on the driver's seat or the  button on the remote control
key.

Here is how to set it. Its on page 86 of the manual

·
Registered
57 Posts
andyvee said:
I have it on mine. Are you sure you haven't got it?

You do need to set it up - follow the instructions in the manual.

I've never known a VAG car drop both mirrors and with the switch in '0', that is a new one on me.
I think it just comes with Edition not SEL or lower.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Stevie G,I think it just comes with Edition not SEL or lower.

Unfortunately you are correct. Big mistake IMHO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Stevie G,I think it just comes with Edition not SEL or lower.

Unfortunately you are correct. Big mistake IMHO.
Looking at the manual it says 'Tilting the mirror area of the front passenger mirror (vehicles with electrically adjustable driver's seat) ...... so yes Edition or I guess if you order them on lower specs.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It can be enabled with VCDS on cars without memory seats, it doesn't always return to the correct position though .....

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have asked my dealer and he said it couldn't be done on my SE L without electric seats (but I suspect it is orders from above~ see my previous posting)

·
Registered
407 Posts
It is because the dealer equipment can only enable a limited number of functions from the menu. If they have a good master tech though, they should know how to dig deeper :)

Also, some things are restricted based on chassis number or a licence code (SWaP code) and there isn't anything they can do about that if the computer says no ........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts