Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting to see the secondhand market opening up .. 47 K's on the Skoda Approved website. Lots of demonstrators with around 3k on the clock but not hugely discounted from new prices. Plenty advertised as 'coming soon' available in Sept and October .... so dealers are buying plenty of stock cars that can have specs changed for anyone wanting to jump the queue .. My local dealer had 4 in the pipeline, spec changeable !

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,045 Posts
My dealer has 2 kodiaq demos at full price that should have around 5000km on them...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did look at the second hand market before ordering but decided the few around were too few and far from me and not discounted

·
Registered
119 Posts
Article in the telegraph recently quoted the Audi Q 5 as the least depreciating car after 3 years 30,000 miles in UK holding a whopping 72.5% of its value. The uk average is around 40%. The little Yeti was 5th on list at 65% ish.
My friend who has as all singing all dancing Q7 was in my car today and was amazed at the quality. We jumped into his car and both agreed that the Kodiaq is a nicer place to sit and at nearly half the price of his. Ok his suspension is better and there is a wee bit more room but he's going to Skoda next week to place an order and then get himself a new BMW r 1200 gs and a luxury holiday with the amount he will save.
Anyway. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that in 3 years time the Kodiaq will be on the top of that list or very close to it and I will trade for a new one having lost the least amount of money on a car ever. I may be wrong but I will put a small wager with anyone willing that I'm not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few 1.4 tsi SEL's now available at under £25k .. And a top ender with 5 k on the clock at £38.5 k !! Wow .. a mixed bag !

·
Registered
503 Posts
To be fair, that's the price range from new, the cheapest model is around 22-23k and the current top of the range 33-34k.
I can't see a SH one being worth £38.5k even if it was pre reg delivery miles with every option.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Savage said:
To be fair, that's the price range from new, the cheapest model is around 22-23k and the current top of the range 33-34k.
I can't see a SH one being worth £38.5k even if it was pre reg delivery miles with every option.
It's very easy to spec an Edition to well over £40K though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Depends which engine you plump for. I went for the 1.4tsi and found it hard to go over 40k.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes, take a 190 DSG edition as a start and you can exceed 40k no problem.
In fact I just did that on the configurator, added every option. Nearly 45K :shock: .... but that would also get you into the £500 pa VED band for the first 5 years, making a big dent (I suspect) in resale value during that time.

·
Super Moderator
1,045 Posts
How on earth does a Kodiaq get that expensive? Here in NZ a fully specced 190 Style is about 39.5k pounds...

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You don't have the Edition in Kiwi-land do you?
Fully specced Edition with big derv engine & EVERY conceivable extra including extended warranty & 2 years service £45,609
Overview
Model
Kodiaq Edition (7 seats)
Trim Level
£36,135Edition (7 seats)
Engine
2.0 TDI 190 PS 4x4 DSG
Exterior
£0Brilliant Silver Metallic
£019" Triglav alloy wheels
Interior
Beige upholstery
Extra Equipment
£295Rear side airbags
£295Rough road package
£980Dynamic chassis control including drive mode selection and off-road function
£1,150Panoramic sunroof
£300Tri-zone climate control
£100Space saver spare wheel (7-seater)
£850Electrically folding tow bar with adaptor
£175Virtual pedal
£300Heated windscreen
£245Heated leather Multi-function steering wheel with paddles
£300Adaptive cruise control
£190Ambient lighting
£650Park assist
£85Travel assist
£875Area view with rear LED lights high
£175Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds
£400Canton sound system
£85Media command
£35Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen
£200Crew protection assist
£100Aluminium pedals
£50Tablet holder (x2) for rear of front seats
£125Folding table on front seat backrests
£40ISOFIX on front passenger seat
£45Driver alert system
£30Smokers package
£200Heated front and rear seats
£40Personalisation of drive mode selection
£10Sun visors with mirror, illuminated
£150Partition net screen
£90Remote folding of rear seats
ŠKODA Care Options
£6305 year / 100,000 miles extended warranty
£279Service plan - Your first two services
£0ŠKODA Roadside Assistance
Recommended OTR £45,609
© ŠKODA AUTO a.s. 2017
Your QR-Code

Scan this QR code with your smartphone and view your configured model on your phone!
Share your car
FacebookEmail
Skoda ID

·
Super Moderator
1,045 Posts
We don't use the UK standard. Out of your added options we get the following standard for style models:

Rear side airbags
Dynamic chassis control including drive mode selection and off-road function
Tri-zone climate control
Space saver spare wheel
Virtual pedal
Heated leather Multi-function steering wheel with paddles
Adaptive cruise control
Ambient lighting
Park assist
Area view with rear LED lights high
Canton sound system
Crew protection assist
ISOFIX on front passenger seat
Driver alert system
Personalisation of drive mode selection
Sun visors with mirror, illuminated
Partition net screen
Remote folding of rear seats

The only options there are are:

Heated front and rear seats
Folding table on front seat backrests
Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds
Aluminium pedals
Tablet holder (x2) for rear of front seats
Media command
Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen
Heated windscreen
Electrically folding tow bar with adaptor
Panoramic sunroof
Rough road package

For our Style models we get a way better deal than anywhere else - the 2.0 TSI Style costs £31,000, plus we don't pay for metallic paint. Looks like you brits are getting the short end of the stick this time...

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Looks like you do get a better deal than we Poms.
The metallic is free on the Edition. £550 on all others.
You still drive on the 'correct' side of the road don't you? Have to see if it's worth buying in Oz & driving one home! :lol:
Perhaps Skoda do you such a good deal because they are trying to unhorse the Japanese??

·
Super Moderator
1,045 Posts
Yup - correct side of the road! I don't think they're trying to beat the Japanese or the Koreans seeing a top spec Santa Fe diesel costs around £45k. Mazda CX-9 is a good deal at £35k for top spec though but it's too big imo @ 5.1m.

A fully loaded Superb 2.0 TSI 280PS Sportline is about £40k over here for comparison with Skodas other model lines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
H2UBS said:
Interesting to see the secondhand market opening up .. 47 K's on the Skoda Approved website. Lots of demonstrators with around 3k on the clock but not hugely discounted from new prices. Plenty advertised as 'coming soon' available in Sept and October .... so dealers are buying plenty of stock cars that can have specs changed for anyone wanting to jump the queue .. My local dealer had 4 in the pipeline, spec changeable !
only spec is changeable, and not engine variant ?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Why the 'L' aren't we seeing more on the road. I have only seen 3 and we have a very large group including Skoda in Bournemouth.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Why the 'L' aren't we seeing more on the road. I have only seen 3 and we have a very large group including Skoda in Bournemouth.
I didn't see any until mid December and I've come across 4 since then. The less I see the better, can't say i want it to be the new superdry

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Eh? What do you mean by 'Superdry', or am I being daft?
I assume you don't want to see too many so that we remain 'exclusive'?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.