Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not seen anyone mention the SE Technology model yet (seems to be a bit of a niche model).

I'm looking forward to getting mine delivered tomorrow, but in the meantime here are a couple of pictures of it in Cappucino Beige, with the standard 18" Triton wheels

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Lovely pics! SE Technology is a very good option for those wanting some gadgets without wanting to go overboard. Unfortunately, there was no option to upgrade to leather, hence I opted for SE L.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had leather previously in a Santa Fe but I wasn't overly fussed one way or the other about it ... roasting if the car was sitting in the sun all day, and freezing in winter! Lol. My current car (until today - yay!! :D ) is another Santa Fe but no leather, and I found it much preferable.

You're right about the gadgets - just enough for me without going overboard, and I'm only leasing the car for 2 years anyway so no need to go overboard on spec ... standard SE spec plus sat-nav & front sensors, and I added headed seats. I also don't need 7 seats but wanted 4x4.

I'm quite happy as it's better-specced than my Style-model Santa Fe (13 plate), and cheaper per month than what I'm paying on finance (and I have always traded-in before it's ever fully mine anyway, hence switch to leasing for the first time). The profit I make between the selling value (dealer buying car) and my settlement will be put away for a time when I might need it as a deposit if I decide leasing isn't for me,

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm waiting for my SE to arrive, it is in the UK since Friday but i was told to be prepared to wait up to two weeks for the collection. We went for SE for the same reason, not really needing 7 seater and there was no option to have non leather seats on SE L.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ziuta said:
I'm waiting for my SE to arrive, it is in the UK since Friday but i was told to be prepared to wait up to two weeks for the collection. We went for SE for the same reason, not really needing 7 seater and there was no option to have non leather seats on SE L.
No alcantara?

·
Registered
11 Posts
TBH im not too sure what we gonna get, as we went for some additional stuff and it was unclear what colour interior will be. When we ordered there wasn't many options, configurator wasn't working at its best at that time.
hopefully I won't wait for much longer to find out

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I do hope that isn't a crack in the windscreen??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ziuta said:
It took mine 2 weeks to get to the dealer once it was at the uk docks. Very disappointing! It arrived today at the dealer but now have to wait whilst they prepare it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, been off the forum for a few days so only catching up with the replies.

Car was delivered on time by the dealer to my house, and the salesman spent a good bit of time walking through the controls with me which was appreciated - and the windscreen definitely wasn't cracked! :lol: though I have to confess I didn't even notice how that photo looked (not do I know what caused that effect, lol)

Initial impressions - love the car. It's really impressive looking, love the colour, definitely glad that I didn't go for a darker colour (or the brown interior, haha). The boot is narrower than my Santa Fe, although I like the nooks & crannies for storing bits & pieces. I spec'd a spare wheel so there are only a few small compartments now available under the false floor.

One disappointing thing is that there's nowhere under the false floor to store the rear cover if you want to remove it - the Santa Fe had a neat solution for that (maybe it's because I ordered the spare wheel?)

The default setting of only unlocking door with KESSY had me confused as did the fact that somehow a couple of key presses on the fob managed to open all 4 windows to a halfway-down position - typically it had to be when it was pissing down with rain! :roll: So resorted to getting the manual and going through the various options.

First car I've had with Apple Airplay and I'm not impressed - what's the point of Album Art only to have displayed so faintly behind everything else?

Not had a long journey in it, still only covered 120 miles as I don't use it much during the week.

Rear seat leg space is HUGE, even with driver's seat quite far back ... I've also got the seat set quite high and there's still plenty of headroom.

Glad I've got built-in sat nav, better than a Tom Tom stuck to the screen - but the voice is very annoying, lol, and initial impression so far is that it seems slow to recalculate if you deviate from the prescribed route.

I've not had a chance to try the heated seats yet, lol ... but with Scottish weather, you just never know when I might need them :D

I'm anxious to get my private plate onto the car, it doesn't seem to be a priority for the dealer even though I passed the retention certificate over a couple of weeks ago now.

Finally, I've still to see another Kodiaq on the road yet! So if you see one in Renfrewshire, it'll probably be me :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've asked my dealer to register the car directly on my private plate.

·
Registered
503 Posts
GJL said:
One disappointing thing is that there's nowhere under the false floor to store the rear cover if you want to remove it - the Santa Fe had a neat solution for that (maybe it's because I ordered the spare wheel?)

Glad I've got built-in sat nav, better than a Tom Tom stuck to the screen - but the voice is very annoying, lol, and initial impression so far is that it seems slow to recalculate if you deviate from the prescribed route.

I'm anxious to get my private plate onto the car, it doesn't seem to be a priority for the dealer even though I passed the retention certificate over a couple of weeks ago now.

Finally, I've still to see another Kodiaq on the road yet! So if you see one in Renfrewshire, it'll probably be me :)
There is some were to store the roller cover, lift up the floor were the spare wheel sits and there are shaped cutouts for it to sit in.

My satnav is very fast correcting, did you get Amusden or Columbus ? I believe you can change the voice, but I find it fine.

My PP was put on at first reg as requested.

I too have not seen another ... Range Rovers, Disco's , Kia's and Nisssan a plenty, we are not as common :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I suspect the delay in registering my plate was due to the fact that I am leasing the car rather than buying it ... however the dealer emailed yesterday to say the transfer is complete & he will drop off a new set of plates mid-week - yay!

I'll check again for the roller cover - I had asked & was told "no" but didn't check tbh ... and I will also check out if I can change the voice on sat-v nav. It's the Amundsen that comes as standard worth the SE Tech.

Oh, and had a 40 mile trip yesterday on the motorway through Glasgow for much of it ... still no sign of another! Lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is it possible to enter a postcode into the Amundsen sat nav? So far, failed to see how it's done :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes. From memory (iffy these days !) where it says street name, down the bottom of the screen is Pstcd or similar, touch that :)
In typical back to front fashion, it starts you on numbers so you have to select letters, then numbers and then you have to change to letters again to put a space in, and back to numbers for the next input, but it's there* !

* some exaggeration may have been typed :p

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Being on my 5th Skoda, I still can't tell the difference between al the ICE models. (probably 'cos I'm not particularly interest in their use.)
My sat nav has numbers at the top of the screen and letters below.What does that make it? (I have a feeling it may be Columbus??? )
So I don't have to dodge backwards and forwards between screens like my friend does on his Passat. Shame I only ever use sat nav once a year when I go on holiday :lol:
One thing I have discovered is that if you pull back until you are in 'outer space' you can spin the world & go anywhere on the planet, though it is useless ;) as there are only maps for U.K. and Europe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks chaps - will try what Savage says. The default is that it asks for the town, then the street, then the number. However, even though I often have a number, when I get to that stage, it sometimes only gives me options of intersections with other roads (hope that makes sense). Hence it directs you to a junction with another road on the street you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Could you put your car details on your signature and your location on your profile please.
It does help others to answer any questions you may have.
Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cracked it - on the Amundsen at least, you can enter the postcode like this:- change the country from United Kingdom to England (or Wales, etc), then a postcode (PSTCD??) button appears to the bottom left. Don't bother with a space when entering the postcode. Simples - but only when you know how & certainly not user friendly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts