Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a maximum GB size SD card that the Kodiaq can take? I've got 2 64GB cards, and was hoping they would be okay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'm using a128gb SD card with no problems, believe you can go higher but I have had no experience of that. Read speed is important but most new larger capacity Class 10 SD Cards will be OK, I read somewhere that Audio files only need 4mb/s anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Jon. My 64 gb cards will be fine then. I'll never have a poor choice of music ever again!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thought I read somewhere 256Gb was the maximum size. Maybe imagining that. I run two 128Gb cards. One for music and one for films. Ideally class 10. However I have put a slower SD card in running MP3's and has no issue. The response on reading content was a little laggy but apart from that ok.

·
Registered
76 Posts
does the album art show up?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes .. it does.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes .. it does. Would hazard a guess the file format of the image matters. Mine are jpg. Some of the album art does not show and I think they are .png format. Also reproduction on my canton certainly prefers a lossless format to MP3. The sound is much richer with lossless format, within the bounds of the cantons capability anyway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pink72 said:
Yes .. it does. Would hazard a guess the file format of the image matters. Mine are jpg. Some of the album art does not show and I think they are .png format. Also reproduction on my canton certainly prefers a lossless format to MP3. The sound is much richer with lossless format, within the bounds of the cantons capability anyway.
cheers

·
Registered
945 Posts
Pink72 said:
Images used be jpeg under 500kb per image. If you are ripping the files again (as I did) then I would suggest using something like Media Monkey and rip them as FLAC high bit rate to create a high quality master.

For using in a car I would make a copy of these FLACs in a mp3 format purely to save space on the SD card, with road noise, acoustic challenges, equipment capabilities and other distractions you will not tell any difference between the two formats.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
Pink72 said:
Images used be jpeg under 500kb per image. If you are ripping the files again (as I did) then I would suggest using something like Media Monkey and rip them as FLAC high bit rate to create a high quality master.

For using in a car I would make a copy of these FLACs in a mp3 format purely to save space on the SD card, with road noise, acoustic challenges, equipment capabilities and other distractions you will not tell any difference between the two formats.
I can tell a difference between flac and mp3 and I don't have Canton. It also seems to support some 24 bit flac as well which is a bonus.

MediaMonkey is good, I use it for organising my collection, syncing my phone etc. but dbPoweramp is better for ripping from CD

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pink72 said:
Just one thing to add, there appears to be a limit for the number of files that it will store the artwork data on. Hence if you have too many files, the artwork will not show up on everything, even if it is stored on the SD card. 1 have 340 albums stored on a single 128GB SD card all in FLAC format. I do not have all of the artwork. If you do it as MP£ you will get more files but less artwork %ge wise! I read that there is something like a 1,000 file limit on reading the artwork.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts