Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much they charge to repair a stone chip with that resin thing.

Dont want to go through car insurance even though they say its free, you still have to pay excess then have to report it every time you renew car insurance otherwise its a get out clause for the insurance company not to payout if you don't tell them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Autoglass charged me £10 to fix a chip, but then decided the chip was to large , so three weeks later ( tomorrow) a new screen has been located and I m due to have it replaced for the £90 excess , but as you may have guessed , via the glass cover on my insurance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.
I v heard its not an easy job to get the screen changed as the camera needs to be re calibrated afterwards and who ever change the screen can't do it so has to go to skoda or Audi to be calibrated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most Auto Glass depots here in the UK have the calibration kit, which is more than many Skoda Dealers do.
Cant speak for any other Glass repair outfits. AUTO GLASS were fine for the fitting and calibration .
It took 75 minutes on their site. The only hold up was getting a Skoda screen to replace it with. Cant think it was purely the time of year , but from reporting the damage to completing the repair has taken 3 weeks!! Fortunately the vehicle has remained drivable.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts