Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I have the skoda kodiaq L&K 21 plate and it had an issues where when I entered an area with 5G it would tell me I had an sos warning, contacted the dealer who said it was a known issue took it back in and all sorted. Told it was an SD card issue.
However now I'm finding that my Sat nav is nowhere near my location even to the point of being in the middle of the English channel ( I live on the south coast of england) and on a long journey it will never track my location at all on a very few occasions it will be at my location but will then wander off on its own route.
Also the Bluetooth will suddenly disconnect in the middle of a call transfer the call back to the phone and after five seconds will reconnect back to the Bluetooth however this is a very intermittent fault some calls are fine other will cut out several times.
Been back to the dealer who say they can't find a fault and I don't have a SD card to be able to update the system???
Has anyone else had this issue??
Motor vehicle Sky Plant Tree Automotive exterior

·
Registered
628 Posts
I sold my 2018 Kodiaq this year and moved on to a Kamiq which has the latest MIB3 system installed. As far as I know, you also have the MIB3 in your car as well and that has dispensed with the SD card slots that my old car had in the glovebox.
With this new system, there is an e sim card embedded in the electronic circuit somewhere and the sim enables your car to receive updates over the air automatically and these updates should include two mapping updates per year as long as you've signed up to Skoda Connect, which is free for the first year and payable thereafter. The only other way to get updates is for the dealer to do them.
I doubt that the mapping installed in your car is responsible for you appearing to be in the sea and would guess that it's a GPS fault. As your dealer has been faffing with your system, it might pay to reboot the infotainment system, which maybe won't cure your problem, but it's quick and easy to do and won't hurt the system.
To do this, keep your finger on the on/off icon on the infotainment system until you hear a loud pop (probably about 20 secs). Doing this once might work, but in the past I've had to do it 3 times in succession to extinguish a warning light, so I recommend you do the same. As I said, this might not help, but is worth a try.

There was someone over on Briskoda that had a similar problem as you with the sat nav. I can't remember if it got resolved, but I suggest you do a search on Briskoda and see if you can find the thread. I'd say it was within the last year, but I can't be sure as time seems to be slipping by rather quickly since Covid took hold.

With regard to map updates, as well as auto updates, in theory you should also be able to do it yourself via the Skoda Portal. The latest update is the 2022 version, so have a look to see which version you currently have to consider whether it's worth updating. If you don't know how to find your current version, go to SETTINGS on the infotainment screen, scroll down to SYSTEM, press on that and you'll see which mapping version is installed.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Seeing as you have a wire trailing up the right side of the picture, I guess you have a dashcam fitted. Don't suppose it also has a rear camera module? There are several threads where this can cause interference with the DAB specifically, however it could also cause an issue with the GPS or phone signal? Worth a try disconnecting it and see if things improve. I'd suggest a hard-wire kit anyway, assuming you don't have the USB-C next to the rear view mirror?

At least worth a try as it would cost nothing and save a trip to your dealer if it fixes the issue. The 3x reboot suggested by Old Man is also worth a try - again, costs nothing!

Reactions: Steve

·
Registered
628 Posts
From this forum a while back, might be helpful.

Good shout above from scratch, I'd forgotten about the dash cam interference.
With regard to the trailing wire, even without hard wiring there's definitely better ways of routing the cable so it's hidden.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seeing as you have a wire trailing up the right side of the picture, I guess you have a dashcam fitted. Don't suppose it also has a rear camera module? There are several threads where this can cause interference with the DAB specifically, however it could also cause an issue with the GPS or phone signal? Worth a try disconnecting it and see if things improve. I'd suggest a hard-wire kit anyway, assuming you don't have the USB-C next to the rear view mirror?

At least worth a try as it would cost nothing and save a trip to your dealer if it fixes the issue. The 3x reboot suggested by Old Man is also worth a try - again, costs nothing!

The dash cam is disconnected from the power source as it doesn't.work won't record any footage so waiting for a new one, I've tried the reset and all it does is turn the system on and of again even holding it down for the 20 secs?
I've got it booked in on the 7 of Dec so will have to wait and see what the dealer says.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I seem to recall some GPS attennas being faulty.

With regard to map updates, as well as auto updates, in theory you should also be able to do it yourself via the Skoda Portal.
If OP has a MY21 Kodiaq he'll have the MIB3 headunit. Forget about Skoda Portal, that's old school. Updates can only be done either over-the-air or at dealership.

As of yet ( and I'm not sure they have any plans to do so ), the owner is unable to physically update an MIB3 system. I recall reading somewhere that one person in Russia claimed they could update their MIB3 system using a USB but he seems to be the only person in the world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts