Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer announced today that they are selling the new running boards for the Kodiaq.

I enquired and was quoted £960 and 5 hours to fit.

I'll pass thanks and wait till someone is getting rid.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah. I got under a kodiaq in showroom to see how fitted. 5hrs! My arse!! I could do it in 2 max. Not that I would though as imho they're rust boards.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't see any practical use for them other than looks...

We use to have them on an old Toyota on the farm and all they did was collect mud, no one ever stepped on them to get in. We eventually chopped them off with a grinder...

However if you are never going off road they do look ok. However £960 is a lot... won't be long before you can get an after market part on eBay.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Had them on my Discovery 4 and they were great - easier to get in and out, especially if other cars parked close in car parks, you can get up and squeeze through a part opened door easier.
However, the Kodiaq is smaller and lower, so I don't think they're necessary. At £960 I won't be going for them for the looks either.🤔

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was looking at some SUV's with running boards today, the Hyundai's running boards were so small it seemed hardly worth it. One advantage I could see was the running boards would reduce the amount of dirt getting to the sills and dirtying the Trousers when you get out of the car, wait a minute, the Kodiaq has the simply clever doors covering the sills so the Trousers don't get dirty. I guess the running boards are just for aesthetics. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts