Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone going to be retro fitting the new running boards? I understand they are a new addition from Skoda.

Saw some fitted at Lookers Stockport and they look amazing and I think elevate the car to a more prestigious look than it is already.

They are around 650 to buy and fit yourself if you have the skills and equipment or around 950 to have fitted.

I tried to add them to my 10 day old order but they are not yet available to add when configuring the car at this point but will be I am told so I will get them fitted after taking delivery of the car.

Here are a couple of photos if you have not seen these yet

Anyone going to consider these?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would consider these but can't find any information?! I looked all over Skoda's homepage/configurator (.com) but nothing. Any photo from a distance?

·
Registered
95 Posts
They do look smart

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was thinking about these having seen a few Audi Q3/5s around looking VERY smart with them fitted.
However, having seen how much they are going to cost...........
Look, Im sure they are well made and all that but £650 ish sounds a tad steep to me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
wait till superskoda have them :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry dont have any more photos i will be looking at the car again so will take some more photos of whole car etc

They are very new so not much info about yet online. Stockport and Rochdale in the North West both now have display cars with them fitted and both say they are able to get them in within 2 days of ordering them.

These will be really heavy so how would postage be from SuperSkoda do you think ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I saw similiar at Aliexpress website.

·
Registered
93 Posts
they had them fitted in the skoda dealer in Belfast. We quite like them so will upgrade if the cost becomes more sensible!

·
Registered
15 Posts
vesku said:
I saw similiar at Aliexpress website.
I also found via Aliexpress when google but quite unsure if I would trust them enough for a quality and fit/form function. The winter can be quite nasty with all salt on the roads.

·
Registered
289 Posts
This is the first I have seen these. Not sure how I feel about adding running boards with likely fuel consumption impact (more weight and aerodynamic). What are the benefits of running boards other than cosmetic?

·
Registered
29 Posts
They look smart I agree, but cost stops me taking enquiry further. I think that is expensive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
See a dealer had some fitted, they look good but the price seems a bit steep. Might have to wait for some good after market ones become available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts