Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to go on a week long trip with family (7 members in total). I initially thought of hiring a roof box for luggage, but came across roof bags which are cheaper than the cost of hiring a roof box! Has anyone got any experience of roof bags? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
75 Posts
My experience wasn't pleasant of a roof bag. Mine flapped around in the wind and made an awful noise. You may have more luck if it's tightly packed but any loose material makes for a noisy ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I brought a roof bag to fit on top of roof rails. This was to get the bear in 7 seat mode and carrying 2 suitcases the 49 mile to the airport.
I found it ok, but used a hard plastic suitcase with the bag acting as a waterproof cover and way of securing it.
It worked fine. However I didn't go above 65 with it on. Didn't notice much extra noise
I could fit one suitcase behind seat 6 and 7 by taking out the cover to the spare wheel area. This gave enough depth for the tailgate to close ok.
For me the roof bag was great as the stowage space required when it isn't on the car is minimal compare to a box.
I'm using it very occasionally.
This is what I brought

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01N5IA3JQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523318888

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that's very useful! Luckily, my colleague has offered his roof box I could use for my trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts