Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly hello everyone!! I'm new to the forum (well newly signed up - I've been reading through the forum for a couple of months now while waiting to get my new car). It's the first time I've ever taken any kind of interest in a car (beyond getting from A to B) and first time I have ever owned anything resembling a modern/high tech/decent car, so I've got a couple of silly questions for you all:

Am I missing a reverse light? Only the drivers side illuminates when I put it into reverse, and I was expecting it on both sides. I know there is only the one rear fog light, but still was hoping for two reverse lights! Anyone mind telling me how it's set up on their car?

Also, I'm not sure my AEB is working - on the first night I managed to reverse the car to 1cm away from a fence before getting a red bar on the parking sensor, but at no point did the car sense I was getting too close and apply the brakes. It's all enabled as it should be (having checked the manual and the system in the car) but it just didn't seem to jump into action?!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Should be on both sides.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome mamabear.
I have 2 reversing lights and one O/S/R fog light.
Yours is SE whereas mine is SE L and Zachs is a New Zealand configuration which may differ from U.K. spec I assume you are in U.K.? (please put your town on you profile - thanks)
As far as the rear sensors are concerned. I am not sure, having not risked it, that the brakes come on if you are going very slowly backwards. I was going a bit too fast one night and the brakes DID come on, Boy did they! I's like hitting a brick wall. (but I didn't!)
The distance for the red line to appear is about 12 inches. Make sure the sensors are clean and not covered in road grime. If they are clean & unobscured I should contact your dealer.
Good luck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What kind of fence, mamabear? If it was solid wooden panelling, then you should get the red line indication well before 1 cm. if it was something like a chain link fence, or simple post-and-rail, maybe the sensors are "seeing through" the fence and not reacting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies & my apologies Colin, I thought I had done what I needed to do with my profile (having seen you ask people to do that before) but I'm clearly not as internet savvy as I need to be!

My dealer also got back to me today and said that I should only have one reverse light (tried to pin it on EU regs). I might have to dig a little deeper or hope that someone else with UK SE spec can confirm what they have lights wise (I will keep my fingers crossed it's meant to be two).

DaveM, the fence was a horizontal beam, so I'm guessing that was throwing out the sensor? They did come on, it's just that I was surprised to see how little clearance it had left me at the back!

Colin, I'm going to take your word for it on the brakes front. Don't think I have the stomach to deliberately put it to test :lol:

Zach, what can I say, you get to live in one of the the most beautiful countries on earth and get two reverse lights. Some folks have all the luck!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Some of us live in a cold wet country but still have two reversing lights!
Seriously, you might find that it is all there, but not wired up. That is the stupid sort of things some manufacturers do just to differentiate between models, but who gives a >>>>>>>>>>! I am not going to say to you da da de da da I've got an SE L so i've got TWO reversing lights. who cares? They should ALL have 2 IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm with you on this Colin, think everyone should have 2 reverse lights. Totally get why manufacturers differentiate between their models, and people paying more for a car do deserve more kit, just surprised that it would extend to differences on something so basic (fairly sure the cmax I was driving before this had two reverse lights!). Anyhow, live and learn; I still LOVE my new car!!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Could it be based on which tailights you have? I have the LED tailights 'high'.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Could be! Don't think the SE has LED does it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think it's just the brake lights are led but I will check Colin let you know mate .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts