Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the UK know the best way to get the camera system recalibrated?

A stone chip has written off the screen so it will need to be replaced.

My Insurance company are insisting I use Autoglass (even though Skoda Driverline will fit and recalibrate a screen 40% cheaper than just the screen from Autoglass) but they will not commit to being able to calibrate the screen.

My local Skoda dealer doesnt have the equipment to do it however have been able to suggest others who can (main Audi Dealerships), to be fair to them they have offered to do all the leg work for me. Cannot be more helpful.

I have also spoken to other dealers (VAG Group) and prices vary from £150 to £465 for calibration only (my insurance company has said it would cover the costs). Has anyone had a screen replaced and needed the screen to be recalibrated, if so please let me know how it was done and any advice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
National windscreens had the equipment to recalibrate my merc's cameras when I have the screen replaced, Southampton depot.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Hard Luck Jon. You get the wooden spoon for the first knackered windscreen! Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my windscreen replaced two weeks ago by Autowindscreens and it was stated that the camera etc. would require recalibratiion. I've just received the below from the windscreen company wanting to book the re-calibration with a Skoda dealer.

"Your vehicle has been identified as having ADAS, (Advanced Driver Assisted System). After your Windscreen has been replaced, the ADAS system will require recalibration which will be completed by your local approved Skoda dealership.
Your vehicle will also be subject, as part of the process to a four wheel alignment, THIS IS NOT PART OF YOUR GLASS CLAIM, and any cost would be charged directly to you by the dealership prior to completing the recalibration.
When you arrive for your appointment the dealership will carry out a test to verify if an adjustment is necessary and will provide a print out to confirm, if you have any questions regarding this service please contact your appointed dealer before attending your appointment where they will be happy to advise you.
In the context of a glass replacement, the correct setting and calibration of the front camera relies on the wheel alignment being correct. If the wheel alignment is not within specification then the camera will also not be correctly aligned as the system uses the wheel alignment as the basic reference point for the camera setting.
The recalibration cannot be completed without a 4 wheel alignment test being completed."

I will be speaking to my dealer tomorrow. However, ACC, Lane Assist, Light Assist etc. all seem to work fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi there.
I had my screen replaced by Autoglass about a month ago. They were unable to carry out the re-calibration. Direct Line agreed to pay my costs for re-calibration. Marshalls of Barnstaple did the work for £120.00, I sent the invoice off to Direct Line and got paid a couple of days later. Happy days.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mattyp01 said:
Hi there.
I had my screen replaced by Autoglass about a month ago. They were unable to carry out the re-calibration. Direct Line agreed to pay my costs for re-calibration. Marshalls of Barnstaple did the work for £120.00, I sent the invoice off to Direct Line and got paid a couple of days later. Happy days.
AutoGlass are fitting the screen tomorrow but cannot calibrate at the same time. I can book it into one of their centres as they can calibrate the majority of ADAS systems but won't know until they have access to the car.

They have said that if they cannot calibrate it that they will find someone who can and organise it for me at no extra cost. Their cost is £212 which is charged directly to the insurer. I find this to be quite a good response.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To be honest, I think it might be easier for you to just book it in to your dealer. At this point, there's no saying that Autoglass will have the calibration data for the Kodiaq yet. They might just book it in to the dealer anyway. Your insurer should accept the cost of re-calibration, but it would be worth a call first and get a contact name for who to send the invoice to.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I would suggest to go via Skoda Ensurance which is a free service. They deal with the insurance company on your behalf.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Autoglass completed the work and apart from driving 40 miles to their site it was painless. It took less than 30 minutes (Audi and VW wanted the car for the day). For reference my insurers refused to let me get the screen replaced anywhere other than Autoglass, to be fair to Autoglass they said if they couldn't calibrate it then they would find someone who could and get it done at their cost. Majority of Skoda dealers don't have the equipment to calibrate the systems so it was not an option anyway.

In all it cost my insurers a shade under £1,000 to replace the screen and calibrate it, if they went via Skoda then it would have been £450, no wonder insurance is so high.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just had a big stone hit my heated screen, it has a chip in the middle of the drivers side; contacted Autoglass just waiting for them to come back to me with a time/date; What a nightmare had the car only 4 months......

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you phone Autoglass they will send out a tech who will then decline to fit the windscreen because it will need calibration this can only be done at their fixed locations.

I had to spend a couple of hours in Borhamwood ( not fun) but they did a great job and it not cost me £75 excess on my insurance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts