Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news, my Kodiaq has been approved for repair by the insurance and parts are ordered! I'm a bit surprised that insurance is repairing it as the estimated cost of the fixes have totaled to almost half of the market value of the car. Picking up a new (to me) car next Wednesday that'll be replacing my WRX. I think you guys will like it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Who's doing your repairs? Someone put a tiny ding in tailgate of my kodiaq, thought it would be minor repair, repairer said need to replace complete tailgate. Do panel beaters not panelbeat anymore? Doesnt worry me rather have a new tailgate than a repaired one but its no wonder our insurance premiums are so high, just under 4K for a tiny ding !!

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure who in Tauranga is Škoda approved (to keep the 3/5yr and 12yr body warranty), but my Kodiaq is being fixed at Precision Autowerk in the North Shore. They're top notch according to the dealer and Škoda NZ

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
silver1011 said:
Give us a clue, what happened?
Had to make an evasive manoeuvre to avoid rear ending someone after a blind corner (3 lane underpass) but simply didn't do it quickly enough.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interested to know whether the car reacted before you, ie forward emergency braking and all that jazz.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Backbeach said:
Interested to know whether the car reacted before you, ie forward emergency braking and all that jazz.
Car did not react. You'd think it would, seeing that I had ACC and Lane Assist on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That looks horrific, glad you got out unscathed though.

I really hate to see such a new car looking so sorry for itself. I'm sure the repair will bring it back to its former glory.

Good effort though, it's not often you see both wings damaged without being accompanied by a significant frontal impact!

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
daveskis said:
Hey Zachary that is bad luck mate. I am concerned the ACC didn't react.
Yes - very concerning. Will definitely be keeping an eye on whether it can see the car in front. I was going around a blind corner at a reasonable speed so the car momentarily lost track of the car in front.

silver1011 said:
That looks horrific, glad you got out unscathed though.

I really hate to see such a new car looking so sorry for itself. I'm sure the repair will bring it back to its former glory.

Good effort though, it's not often you see both wings damaged without being accompanied by a significant frontal impact!
Thanks mate, seeing on the brighter side! The repair should be good - the entire front end had paint protection film so the paint should be easy to match. No major structural damage I don't think, but suspension needs to be replaced as well as various body parts.

Picking up my new car tomorrow, replacing my Subaru WRX with a nicer daily.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah mate feel for you. It could be worse you name could have been Smith or Warner. But I did smile when Lehmann says he is following the doctrine of the NZ team from now on.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

1 - 14 of 14 Posts