Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Skoda are planning to introduce this function into their Skoda connect app?

or of another way to get remote starting? It would be nice to have for those cold winter mornings.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm not sure, but isn't a vehicle running but with nobody in it actually illegal here in the UK?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure but I do know it's an available function on Jaguar and Volvo in the UK.....and probably others. Presumably if it's parked on your own land, i.e. your driveway it couldn't be enforced even if illegal.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I don't think it is illegal on private property i:e: your drive.
My Mitsubishi PHEV could be started remotely.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My previous car, LR Disco Sport, had that facility. Only used it on a handful of occasions, but very nice on very cold mornings.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It was called 'quitting' when I policed the UK many years ago.

Quick check online and the legislation is still current - The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 . . . Jees came into force 4 years after I joined plod!!

S107.-(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no person shall leave, or cause or permit to be left, on a road a motor vehicle which is not attended by a person licensed to drive it unless the engine is stopped and any parking brake with which the vehicle is required to be equipped is effectively set.

(2) The requirement specified in paragraph (1) as to the stopping of the engine shall not apply in respect of a vehicle-

(a) being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes; or
(b) in such a position and condition as not to be likely to endanger any person or property and engaged in an operation which requires its engine to be used to-
(i) drive machinery forming part of, or mounted on, the vehicle and used for purposes other than driving the vehicle; or
(ii) maintain the electrical power of the batteries of the vehicle at a level required for driving that machinery or apparatus.
(3) In this regulation "parking brake" means a brake fitted to a vehicle in accordance with requirement 16 or 18 in Schedule 3.

So remote starting on private land is okay.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Thank you for clarifying Andy,
So as I said....It is ok ON YOUR PROPERTY!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how do we get it for our Kodiaq's?

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have yet to take delivery of my Kodiaq, so this is just from the Skoda website...

If, on a cold winter's day, you are interested in pre-heating the car then one of the features of the Skoda Connect app is the ability to remotely startup an auxiliary heater ("Available only for vehicles produced after CW 22/17.")
Unfortunately it doesn't specify what type of auxiliary heater (perhaps the diesel powered products from Eberspacher and others popular in some parts of Europe??).
Dopes anybody have any further info on this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the webasto dieselheater. I can start it both from the connect app and from a standalone remote. I can set different schedules and so on. I haven't tried it yet on my kodiaq but my other cars have it and it works great. Heating both the engine and the cabin. It is almost a standard feature here in Sweden on diesel cars. Here it is included in a business package.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have a Webasto heater. It was not part of any package in Norway, though available as en extra. The petrol variant was about £100 more expensive than the diesel one. The Skoda Connect app can start it, as well as a separate remote control up to 200 meters away from the car. The app support was introduced on 2018 models, ie. BW22+.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts