Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have noticed people mention they can check the car is locked remotely via the connect app. Can you please tell me if you can actually lock it via this function and also can you start the car remotely. I have these functions on my current car and find both quite useful especially the remote start at this time of year. Cheers in advance. Steve. PS. have not got the Kodiaq yet.

·
Registered
289 Posts
No you cannot do either.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I believe the intention is/was to have that functionality, plus interior heating control. My guess would be that they are not implementing it because they haven't found a way to do it securely. Currently you can't do anything harmful with it.

Remote start/unlock/heating could allow the car to be stolen or tampered with. TBH I'm surprised Mercedes are doing it. The bottom line is, if it's connected to the Internet, it can be hacked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swindiaq said:
I believe the intention is/was to have that functionality, plus interior heating control. My guess would be that they are not implementing it because they haven't found a way to do it securely. Currently you can't do anything harmful with it.

Remote start/unlock/heating could allow the car to be stolen or tampered with. TBH I'm surprised Mercedes are doing it. The bottom line is, if it's connected to the Internet, it can be hacked.
In my car you can remotely lock unlock and start to warm it up. If the key isn't present in the vehicle when you close the door it cuts out and wont restart. But I do get the point if they aren't sure its safe best to leave off. The remote locking is very handy by the way.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You can of course lock/unlock/close/open the windows on the key fob as long as you are in range.
Mine lives on the drive outside my sitting room window and I can do the above even form 30-ish feet away, through walls and windows.
'Connect' will tell you if it is locked/unlocked and also where the car is parked, amongst other things.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is that true? I don't think mine will lock if the engine's running. Frustrating as I only want 2 minutes for the screen to defrost but I can't leave it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts