Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I placed my order for K on 17th July, Saturday, and since the finance thing had to get approved on Monday, the actual order with Skoda did not happen the same day.

Next Monday, 19th July, the dealer called to inform that the finance has gone through and that the build week will be 34. No other information or document.

What reference number do I need to be able to check for updates myself with SUK? Should the dealer have given me a reference number? The dealer has told me already that they ask for updates from Skoda every 2 weeks, basically meaning I should not bother them too often but not sure!

Any advise?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Roadster said:
Hi All,

I placed my order for K on 17th July, Saturday, and since the finance thing had to get approved on Monday, the actual order with Skoda did not happen the same day.

Next Monday, 19th July, the dealer called to inform that the finance has gone through and that the build week will be 34. No other information or document.

What reference number do I need to be able to check for updates myself with SUK? Should the dealer have given me a reference number? The dealer has told me already that they ask for updates from Skoda every 2 weeks, basically meaning I should not bother them too often but not sure!

Any advise?
Sounds like awful service from the dealer. I ordered mine exactly 1 week ahead of you, and took delivery last week.......obviously production varies depending on the spec, but it should be imminent!

Ask your dealer for your (8 digit?) Skoda order number, and also a status number. e.g. Status 10, 20, 30, etc. This will tell you what stage of production your car is, or where it is between leaving the factory and getting to the dealers (via train, boat, and road transport).

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sprower said:
Roadster said:
Hi All,

Any advise?
Sounds like awful service from the dealer. I ordered mine exactly 1 week ahead of you, and took delivery last week.......obviously production varies depending on the spec, but it should be imminent!

Ask your dealer for your (8 digit?) Skoda order number, and also a status number. e.g. Status 10, 20, 30, etc. This will tell you what stage of production your car is, or where it is between leaving the factory and getting to the dealers (via train, boat, and road transport).
So you ordered it on the 10th July and got it last week? Let's say it was last Friday you got it (21st July), so that's from order to delivery in 11 days?

Impressive.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
Sprower said:
Roadster said:
Hi All,

Any advise?

So you ordered it on the 10th July and got it last week? Let's say it was last Friday you got it (21st July), so that's from order to delivery in 11 days?

Impressive.
My mistake, sorry........I misread and thought you'd ordered in April! Late night and a couple of beers 😁

Mine was 12-13 weeks from order to delivery.

When you ordered it they might not have generated the Skoda order number straight away, but will have it by now.

Probably another couple of weeks till it's at Status 10, when a provisional build week is planned (though could still change).

Sorry for my mis-read 😩

·
Registered
21 Posts
Roadster, You are lucky, I ordered mine middle of May and although promised I would have it by 1st September, I have been told I am at bw 34. If you ask for the 8 digit order number and give it to Skoda Uk they can only tell you what the dealer knows. Hence you won't be any wiser. It all seems a bit of a lottery. Could be down to what spec you order.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sprower said:
Jon Edwards said:
Sprower said:

Impressive.
My mistake, sorry........I misread and thought you'd ordered in April! Late night and a couple of beers 😁

Mine was 12-13 weeks from order to delivery.

When you ordered it they might not have generated the Skoda order number straight away, but will have it by now.

Probably another couple of weeks till it's at Status 10, when a provisional build week is planned (though could still change).

Sorry for my mis-read 😩
Mines been made and lost by Skoda in transit for 3 weeks....... might find out tomorrow where it is.... not hopeful....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Roadster said:
Hi All,

Any advise?
I'd be pretty happy with what you've been told so far. I ordered in mid April and I'm being told BW36 and to expect delivery in October.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You can ask the dealer for the order number (an 8 digit number) or it may be on any paperwork you have.
This can then be used if you need to contact customer services .

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Mines been made and lost by Skoda in transit for 3 weeks....... might find out tomorrow where it is.... not hopeful....
[/quote]
Mine sat at Emden for 3 weeks! I ordered on 22December and collected it on 6th April. (mainly because Skoda would not allow delivery to customer before 6th April. miserable buggas!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Roadster said:
Hi All,

Any advise?
This is sometimes the problem with buying from a large group. They often don't give a stuff!.
Meadens (A privately owned single dealership) sent me the update form by email every time he got one from Kvasiny. It looks like this.
Feel free to send it to Marshalls and tell them you want the same passed on to you every time they get one from the factory.
Build week codes are listed below the pic.
Codes are.
Status
Meaning
Without Production Week
With Production Week
With Production Order
In Transit From Factory
In Port of Exit not Released
In Port of Exit Released
Vehicle Shipped
UK Port
In Transit to Dealer
At Dealer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help, guys. I am surely not in any rush, given that I have ordered just 10 days ago but it is good to get the 8 digit order number and check if they know something.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Roadster said:
Thanks for all the help, guys. I am surely not in any rush, given that I have ordered just 10 days ago but it is good to get the 8 digit order number and check if they know something.
Good job you are in no rush, after 4 days they still cant find mine and its been built and in the supply chain. Abandon hope all ye who order a Kodiaq....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jon Edwards said:
Good job you are in no rush, after 4 days they still cant find mine and its been built and in the supply chain. Abandon hope all ye who order a Kodiaq....
Maybe some lazy fella is not doing his job properly. Am sure it cannot vanish from the face of the earth as that would be spooky! Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. Good things come in small packages, or in the case of Kodiaq, delayed :D

I have noticed a trend in delays, particularly if you order a 7-seater, 4X4, Canton (strangely), sunroof and to some extent, a diesel. I was very tempted to add a sunroof after Colin's comment on my other post but dropped the idea, lest it caused any delay.

Although its just been 10 days since I ordered, I do think what if it the delivery is delayed. I guess I cannot do much but thankfully, I am in no rush either to get another car so I can probably go and look elsewhere or get a used car. Getting the deposit back would be a challenge, and I hope it never comes to that but good to be prepared.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Roadster said:
Jon Edwards said:
Maybe some lazy fella is not doing his job properly. Am sure it cannot vanish from the face of the earth as that would be spooky! Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. Good things come in small packages, or in the case of Kodiaq, delayed :D

I have noticed a trend in delays, particularly if you order a 7-seater, 4X4, Canton (strangely), sunroof and to some extent, a diesel. I was very tempted to add a sunroof after Colin's comment on my other post but dropped the idea, lest it caused any delay.

Although its just been 10 days since I ordered, I do think what if it the delivery is delayed. I guess I cannot do much but thankfully, I am in no rush either to get another car so I can probably go and look elsewhere or get a used car. Getting the deposit back would be a challenge, and I hope it never comes to that but good to be prepared.
Most delays seem to be production led but this is most likely due to it not being scanned off the train in Emden and sitting there for 3 weeks. That said 4 weeks from production to nowhere is unacceptable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts