Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Skoda Kodiaq Technology 4x4 2019
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am going to hardwire my Dashcam. Does anyone have any suggestions for the permanent live and switched fuse tap points?
Thank you.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had a hard wire kit for my Nextbase 512GW that I had in my old car. Fitted it myself following instructions I found here somewhere.

I used a piggy-back fuse holder RM and the fuse for the rear wiper, which is switched so the dashcam would switch itself off with the ignition. From memory it’s fuse 37, but can’t remember exactly and I’m away from my home computer so can’t check the PDF manual. Earth wire was attached to the 10mm bolt at the end of the dash frame.

Overall a really easy thing to do - the biggest potential pitfall is if you decide to disconnect the wires (or pull the fuse) for the passenger airbag and thff Ed n turn the ignition on. If you do that then you’ll need a VCDS reader to reset the airbag system via the OBDII port or you’ll have a warning light on the dash (and that’s an MOT failure).

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
Skoda Kodiaq Technology 4x4 2019
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a hard wire kit for my Nextbase 512GW that I had in my old car. Fitted it myself following instructions I found here somewhere.

I used a piggy-back fuse holder RM and the fuse for the rear wiper, which is switched so the dashcam would switch itself off with the ignition. From memory it’s fuse 37, but can’t remember exactly and I’m away from my home computer so can’t check the PDF manual. Earth wire was attached to the 10mm bolt at the end of the dash frame.

Overall a really easy thing to do - the biggest potential pitfall is if you decide to disconnect the wires (or pull the fuse) for the passenger airbag and thff Ed n turn the ignition on. If you do that then you’ll need a VCDS reader to reset the airbag system via the OBDII port or you’ll have a warning light on the dash (and that’s an MOT failure).

Hope that helps!
Thank you that was helpful. I think I’ll get the multimeter out to find the permanent live but your idea of the switched rear wiper is great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts