Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst washing my Kodiaq I received a very bad cut to my finger caused by the bottom edge of the rear light cluster.
Upon closer inspection I could see it was the exposed bottom edge of the glass lens.
BEWARE!!! Very sharp.
If a small child was to run fingers along it would result in a severe injury.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ouch!! I would suggest you take a picture of your finger and send it to Skoda. They need to know.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ok....the message I'm getting here is....don't wash the Kodiaq yourself! :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
- Talking of which, in the past I have cut my head on the corner of a lazily opening tailgate. The Kodiaq power gate closes slowly, and I can see me or somebody else pushing the button and casually walking into it.

So I've fitted adhesive LED strips at each corner, fed from 2amp fused spur of cargo light.

A delightful hour spent getting live wire up around opening, through rubber trunking, and down around rear window and tailgate.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had this exact same problem with my last car - Citroen C4 Grand Picasso with powered tailgate. Citroen had fitted the most irritating beeeep-beeeeep-beeeeeep-beeeeep alert to it while closing but still didn't stop my dozy 8yo walking into it while it was closing. Only happened once though :roll: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts