Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Still in the process of deciding which kodiaq is for me, I'm nearly 7ft and it's just me and the wife and occasionally a odd person. What real life mpg would I get mostly unladen town 20 miles round trips weekly motorway a roads weekend. Have two options the 2.0 tsi edition. And the 1.4 tsi edition.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
My K has done 3000 miles and it takes between 4500&5000 miles for a VAG TSi engine to loosen up & achieve its best consumption.
The loading of my car is similar to yours. Mainly hound and self during the week plus SWMBO & her hound at weekends.
On an urban drive of about 10 miles I am getting 34 ish mph. On a cross country run (dual carriageways & 60mph road but no M ways) the best I have achieved so far is 44.
Once fully loosened up, i would expect 36-37 round town & 44 regularly on extra urban trip. These figures based on my previous experience of my 4 earlier Skodas.
The 2.0L TSi will, obviously, not be so efficient.
I find the speed & acceleration more than adequate with the 1..4 DSG.
I'm glad to see you are not considering diesel. Unless you do over 15,000 MPA or tow more than a small trailer, diesel is a dead duck. Sales of new Derv cars dropped 25% last month..
U.K. is not the only country demonising diesel. European friends of mine also say that diesel is now seen as very unpopular.
I think that residuals on diesel cars will drop rapidly in the coming years. Not so bad if buying on PCP with guaranteed buy back but of you pay cash I think owners will suffer serious depreciation.

·
Registered
421 Posts
General*Lee78 said:
Hi. Still in the process of deciding which kodiaq is for me, I'm nearly 7ft and it's just me and the wife and occasionally a odd person. What real life mpg would I get mostly unladen town 20 miles round trips weekly motorway a roads weekend. Have two options the 2.0 tsi edition. And the 1.4 tsi edition.
Thanks
I'd be considering a Karoq or a Seat Ateca if it was just me and the Mrs. Same engines but lighter and quicker. Still stacks of space.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Mine is a 1.4 TSi and am getting between 36 and 43mpg.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you drive hard and fast be aware of following. I recently borrowed a 1.4tsi with 5000 k on it and in a day got 28.5 mpg. That's just my driving style though

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Ateca is being criticised for having a hard ride. You might be back in Yeti type territory! K much more comfortable than Yeti.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 1.4 (150) tsi. Presently getting after just under 2,000 miles 34/35mpg. This is an actual top to top fill of the petrol tank on not by the computer systems fitted to the Kodiaq. My driving has been a mixture of driving in urban surroundings and some dual carriageway but very little on any motorways and usually with two adults and two border terrier dogs and a very light loading of the boot, which also includes a space saver wheel and accessories. Will be completing a long journey in the next week or so on mainly motorway driving so will update later.
Like Colin Lambert, I have found the 1.4 tsi adequate for my needs even though I travel to Matlock quite often and find that the steep hills in both directions pose little problems if you keep the car in the correct gear.

·
Registered
100 Posts
20 miles in a 1.4 petrol SUV? Yep should be able to do that on a gallon, jees it will be dull though. 190TDi now you're talking!

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you want a truck motor to tow a trailer, get a Die-sel, ;) if you want to impress your friends with a 'no way, it's only a 1.4?' :eek: , get a 1.4, If you want FUN get a 5.0 V8 :lol: . I have driven all three and I was happy with the performance of the 1.4, still waiting on delivery, (on a ship somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic keeping Zach's K company) so I can't give you my fuel usage figures yet, but I am hoping for an improvement on 13l/100km (21mpg) from the V8 :?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
'no way, it's only a 1.4?'
At least three people who have been in mine have said exactly that!
All the critics of the 1.4 who have not driven it should keep quiet until they have tried it!
If you HAVE driven a 1.4 and still think it's [email protected] then I could not possibly comment, as Insults often cause offence! :lol: ;)
p.s I have just bought a 1.4 TSi badge for the boot lid to prove a point to all those who I shoot away from!

·
Registered
130 Posts
And then there's launch control. :D

·
Registered
945 Posts
On average between 45-55mpg. Best so far is 61.8mpg on a 100 mile run.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone any experience with the 2.0 TSI? I've ordered it, as we only do 9K(ish) a year, and was worried the 1.4 TSI wouldn't have enough omph when driving around fully loaded with the family in. I'm expecting circa 30mpg in town and 40mpg on a motorway run, but I'd be interested to know anyone's real world experiences.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got a 1.4 TSI and lack of oomph has never been a complaint from my passengers.... More "I can't believe this is a 1.4"

·
Registered
149 Posts
KodiaqDna said:
I have a 1.4 (150) tsi. Presently getting after just under 2,000 miles 34/35mpg. This is an actual top to top fill of the petrol tank on not by the computer systems fitted to the Kodiaq. My driving has been a mixture of driving in urban surroundings and some dual carriageway but very little on any motorways and usually with two adults and two border terrier dogs and a very light loading of the boot, which also includes a space saver wheel and accessories. Will be completing a long journey in the next week or so on mainly motorway driving so will update later.
Like Colin Lambert, I have found the 1.4 tsi adequate for my needs even though I travel to Matlock quite often and find that the steep hills in both directions pose little problems if you keep the car in the correct gear.
Travelled fully laden Chesterfield, Derbyshire to Newquay, Cornwall. Was mainly motorway driving but was nose to tail and stop start for the first part of the journey an onto A30. Returned a real (not computerised figure) world mpg of 39.9. Expect a little more with a few more miles on board and the engine fully loosened up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
KodiaqDna said:
KodiaqDna said:
Travelled fully laden Chesterfield, Derbyshire to Newquay, Cornwall. Was mainly motorway driving but was nose to tail and stop start for the first part of the journey an onto A30. Returned a real (not computerised figure) world mpg of 39.9. Expect a little more with a few more miles on board and the engine fully loosened up.
Do you recall what the computer was recording? Was there much difference between the two?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have to admit that I didn't pay particular attention to them as I use an app on my iPad to track my mpg on every maximum fill up fill up with the tank. I will be making a return journey tomorrow and will check what it says then. I am also going to turn off the lane guidance to see if that makes any difference to my mpg which on the outward journey was done on eco.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone have the 2.0 150 TDi DSG 2wd?
I chose it because I wanted the best economy. We tend to do a lot of long trips minimum 120 miles on country A roads (north of Inverness) or 500 miles with mixed A road, dual carriageway and motorway. Just sold Discovery 4 which just about did 32mpg on the trip. Hoping to get 55 ish on the long trip.

·
Registered
149 Posts
KodiaqNZ said:
KodiaqDna said:
KodiaqDna said:
Do you recall what the computer was recording? Was there much difference between the two?
Have now returned home from my holiday in Newquay. The return journey was completed mainly by motorway and dual carriageway roads at national speed limits, although some was reduced on variable speed limits. My journey was also increased by about an hour and a half due to accidents and broken down vehicles. At least according to the times given initially on the satnav, which again was faultless.
My fuel return on this journey was on a full to top on the tank was 43.78 mpg. The answer to your question KodiaqNZ on this journey at least was that the computerised mpg figure was 45.1. So in fact the difference on my Kodiaq was only 1.32 mpg more than the actual figure returned. I must admit that so far I am well satisfied with that figure.
On another note the Satnav had a feature I was unaware of in that as well as being told that my selected journey had been rerouted it also later updated me that the route had been (although I didn't know how) updated. The feature I was unaware of was it told me that traffic ahead was slow due to an accident

1 - 20 of 33 Posts