Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed someone on Facebook claim the Kodiaq they have:

My only criticism is that like any new model there's a few annoying rattles inside the cabin and the drivers rear door wouldn't shut unless slammed due to the door protector that pops out.
It's to be expected on any new model but wondered if anyone else has any annoying niggles that have started yet?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Mine is silent in every respect. No rattles, unwanted noises, noting. Either that car had not been PDId lot of it had the dealer sold by shot.
Frankly, I don't beloved it. Skoda check all the cars coming off the line so thoroughly, taking a day to do so.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Superb (one of the fist MK3s) was silent for the first couple of thousand miles, then a couple started to appear.

All but one has been sorted under warranty

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've 1200km on the clock of my Kodiaq and haven't had a single rattle and I've been over all kids of roads. Also no problem with doors. Fingers crossed it will stay like that 👍

·
Registered
85 Posts
No rattles on mine yet at all, in fact I was opening the rear door the other day and thought it was squeezing, then I realised it was the sound of the wooden fence panel moving behind me 😂 Reminded me of the old Golf advert with the squeaky earrings!

You do have to shut the doors quite hard, but only because they are solid.

I've been really impressed with the build quality of mine so far.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine has a rattle in rear offside door so will need to get it sorted but that is the only one so far with 400 miles on the clock. My scout was great and none even after 2 years.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've found horible pic on German forum. I know that the production has just started and there are going to be some child illnesses. BUT I was one of the first buyers of new Grand Scenic and after 7.5 years it is still in great condition!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
HHMM! This is the second picture on the forum of the same piece coming adrift. I shall have to watch mine carefully!

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have that exact problem on the front passengers door. Was delivered to me like that. I've flagged it with the dealer and they said they will look at it when i drop it in. Was disappointed that it wasn't picked up on by factory or dealer before I took delivery. Having said that it looks like it was assembled in a hurry and should be easily to rectify by dealer so not a major issue...... I hope.

On a different note I've a big problem with my hands free. Quality of calls varies from not great to awful and when under acceleration the person at the other end of the call hears a whirling noise. The same problem is there if I'm connected by blue tooth or plugged in by the cable. Has anyone else anything similar?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Deise17 said:
I have that exact problem on the front passengers door. Was delivered to me like that. I've flagged it with the dealer and they said they will look at it when i drop it in. Was disappointed that it wasn't picked up on by factory or dealer before I took delivery. Having said that it looks like it was assembled in a hurry and should be easily to rectify by dealer so not a major issue...... I hope.

On a different note I've a big problem with my hands free. Quality of calls varies from not great to awful and when under acceleration the person at the other end of the call hears a whirling noise. The same problem is there if I'm connected by blue tooth or plugged in by the cable. Has anyone else anything similar?
Have you got a heated windscreen?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Deise17 said:

Hi Deise17
Sorry to hear about that door handle issue. Hope it a quick and simple fix.
On a side note what's the avg fuel consumption you're getting?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Demo I saw with same problem had beige interior. Same parts and mouldings. One to look out for. I suspect the design of the handle being so close to the hinge has a large bearing on this with a poor fulcrum point.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Skod1ak,

I've just over 4K up on my Kodiaq. I'm getting around 45 - 50 mpg depending on my run e.g. Short trip into town, sitting in traffic from work or trip up the country.

Having said that on the one occasion when I've been really careful I've got 60mpg which was over a 45 mile trip. Couldn't be more than happy with those figures espically considering the size of the machine.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts