Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't seem to be receiving TMC over the radio. When I check traffic all the traffic reports appear to be coming from ŠkodaConnect and not from the Radio.

On my previous car a Nissan X-Trail, the radio TMC works well, the data comes from Inrix. I'm concerned that I won't receive traffic reports if ŠkodaConnect is disabled.

The manual page indicates that the source of the traffic reports should be shown as TMC. Has anyone seen Radio TMC working on the no knobs Columbus?

·
Registered
95 Posts
They work for me, but l have a data only sim card that means l'm online most of the time

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davidb said:
They work for me, but l have a data only sim card that means l'm online most of the time
Yes, so your traffic reports are coming from SkodaConnect over the data connection. I get these too.

What i am asking about is the traffic reports that come over the Radio TMC, not the data connection.

Did VW not license the radio TMC at all? This worries me as I dont want to pay big bucks for SkodaConnect when my license runs out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
amell said:
Did VW not license the radio TMC at all? This worries me as I dont want to pay big bucks for SkodaConnect when my license runs out.
There is TMC on the radio I had it switched a few weeks back, and switched it off going up the M6 as there were too many reports. I think the switching of it is via options of the radio but need to go out to the car to check it but its in the radio menu somewhere

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just looked at the online user manual.
In the Columbus Infotainment section I can only see an option for switching on/off traffic announcements, I.e. TP announcements not TMC broadcasts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK, I have just been sent a link to the latest online Owners Manual (Nov 2017 version).
You can find it here: ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Kodiaq_NS/11-2017/Manual/Kodiaq/A_SUV_Kodiaq_OwnersManual.pdf

Page 199 explains that TMC messages are received.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did some testing on the way home this evening.

Upshot is that radio TMC does indeed work.

To enable reception you have to disable Infotainment online. They cannot coexist.

Mystery solved. It would be nice if they coexist as I had some traffic issues that were displayed on Radio but not online.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For what it's worth I have, in the past, often found TMC messages to be way out-of-date.

·
Registered
32 Posts
amell said:
I did some testing on the way home this evening.

Upshot is that radio TMC does indeed work.

To enable reception you have to disable Infotainment online. They cannot coexist.

Mystery solved. It would be nice if they coexist as I had some traffic issues that were displayed on Radio but not online.
Your testing is confirmed by a response on this matter which I have just received from Skoda Customer Services.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts