Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a weird one this. When I plug my phone into my USB charger in the front the radio signal drops out and doesn't come back until my phone's unplugged.

It's fine when I plug the charger in, and it's fine when the USB cable gets plugged into it but a few seconds after my phone gets plugged in it decides it isn't happy and my radio disappears 馃檮. This doesn't happen if I use the 12v socket in the middle row instead.

Anyone else suffering this and does anyone know what the deal is?

I've not tried it with a lesser powered charger yet, just this https://oneplus.net/uk/dash-car-charger with my Oneplus.

Registered
Skoda's seem to really suffer from EMF interference within the cockpit affecting radio reception, especially DAB. I think it is down to the aerials being on the rear windscreen and rear 1/4 panel windows.

Dashcams can have the same effect if not screened correctly.

It is usually a poor quality charger that is the cause - try a different charger.

You are only seeing it happen when you plug your phone in as until then there is no current draw on the charger.

As to why it does it in one socket and not the other, I don't know!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
andyvee said:
Skoda's seem to really suffer from EMF interference within the cockpit affecting radio reception, especially DAB. I think it is down to the aerials being on the rear windscreen and rear 1/4 panel windows.

It is usually a poor quality charger that is the cause - try a different charger.

You are only seeing it happen when you plug your phone in as until then there is no current draw on the charger.

Possibly the type of charger as it's not poor quality. It works a little bit different to most https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VOOC

Unfortunately a different charger would negate it's use as in that case I'd be just as well charging it from the USB port. I've got a different charger so I'll see if it has the same effect.

Registered
Hugh Fanism said:
andyvee said:

Possibly the type of charger as it's not poor quality. It works a little bit different to most https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VOOC

Unfortunately a different charger would negate it's use as in that case I'd be just as well charging it from the USB port. I've got a different charger so I'll see if it has the same effect.
Slightly different to the 'Quick Charge' technology used by the HTC10 then.

When I said poor quality, I meant in terms of RF and EMF shielding :)

Registered
I've got a one plus 5 . I'd suggest running it off the usb socket as the you can use android auto.
This gives you Waze/Spotify etc etc on the main car screen.
I've not had any probs with the phone not keeping up with charge using the usb socket.
The dash charger does pull some serious amperage so that could be the cause of your radio interference.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gloucskodi said:
I've got a one plus 5 . I'd suggest running it off the usb socket as the you can use android auto.
This gives you Waze/Spotify etc etc on the main car screen.
I've not had any probs with the phone not keeping up with charge using the usb socket.
The dash charger does pull some serious amperage so that could be the cause of your radio interference.
90% of the time it'll be in the USB but there's the odd time it needs a proper boost, my phone works hard and I've got a knack of blasting the battery. My Mrs also has a Oneplus and it's handy to be able to fast charge if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts