Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I are crazy about using drive-in cinemas and it suddenly dawned on me that perhaps my new (still-to-be-delivered) K is unable to have the radio running with ignition off.

So can someone please confirm that the K is safe for drive-in cinemas, e.g being able to turn off all exterior lighting/lamps, engine off and have radio on. Please test this on a KESSY model as mine will have this.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
137 Posts
You turn the ingnition off and the radio stays on until you open a door.

Once it's off, press the button and it comes back on.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plodd said:
You turn the ingnition off and the radio stays on until you open a door.

Once it's off, press the button and it comes back on.
Any idea about how long the radio can be turned on without turning engine on?
I can recollect this being a massive pain in the a**e in my former car, a Citroen Grand Picasso, where there was a eco-mode built in that only allowed the radio to be on for 30 minutes with engine off - very annoying when watching a full feature movie...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well, if you don't touch your brake pedal when (de?)pressing the START/STOP engine button, the ignition will go on but engine will still be turned off.

In that case you could watch until your battery goes to hell :) In that mode even air-conditiong work ... but it would be more gentle. I would also turn your light from auto to off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
romanv said:
Well, if you don't touch your brake pedal when (de?)pressing the START/STOP engine button, the ignition will go on but engine will still be turned off.

In that case you could watch until your battery goes to hell :) In that mode even air-conditiong work ... but it would be more gentle. I would also turn your light from auto to off.
But you can turn radio on without having ignition on yeah?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
romanv said:
Yes, but it will turn off after X minutes.
Yeah ok - I guess (hope) that it will behave similarly to the Swing system in my current Octavia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts