Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a quick bit of advice. Racechip is here and went to fit. It says open the drivers door then lock. Only thing is the car is not locking. Don't want to go ahead and buggar it all up.
Any help will be very appreciated!

·
Registered
422 Posts
This is not going to help you, but I've never come across a car with a central locking system where you can lock the car with the driver's door open.

You may need to remove a fuse.
But which one?

·
Registered
256 Posts
iwarv said:
This is not going to help you, but I've never come across a car with a central locking system where you can lock the car with the driver's door open.

You may need to remove a fuse.
But which one?
Not much help, but my Honda will let you lock the driver's door whilst open - it's the only way to lock the Honda without arming the alarm.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries boys. All done, and have to say it initial impressions are very positive. Have only tried S and S+, so far over a short distance, but the performance is excellent. Will have a longer test tomorrow and settle on a setting.
Cheers to everyone who recommended the XLR.

·
Registered
95 Posts
markymate said:
No worries boys. All done, and have to say it initial impressions are very positive. Have only tried S and S+, so far over a short distance, but the performance is excellent. Will have a longer test tomorrow and settle on a setting.
Cheers to everyone who recommended the XLR.
Where did you mounted it...any picture ?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Fuzz. Hang on until tomorrow &I will post pic and notes on hiding it. (Need to take the pic )

·
Registered
95 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Fuzz. Hang on until tomorrow &I will post pic and notes on hiding it. (Need to take the pic )
Thanks...really thought about it and it is the easiest way, so to speak , tuning the Bear😉

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like Colin, I'll take a photo tomorrow. Placed mine to the left of the peddles underneath by the centre console. Did try to the right underneath by the accelerator peddle but it wouldn't stick to the sound deadening material.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Markey,
Did you not find the cavity on the right hand side? It's almost made for the XLR ECU.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Here you are.
Firstly, for those fitting in the future, I would not bother with locking the car with the door open because you can't! Didn't affect my installation at all.
Picture 1.
control mounting using supplied sticky pads

Pic 2 an easier place to get too but not such a good fit, could wobble about in here. The bit of black plastic you can see at the bottom of the pic is the piece in front of the door by the throttle pedal.

Pic 3,
Where I have put mine.
This was the only way I could hold the phone.
It's ABOVE the space in pic 2.very awkward (for an old chap like me) to get to, you almost have to stand on your head. This is probably why it took longer for me to fit mine than it did others. Put the sticky velcro strips on theECU. Just use them to protect the ECU from the sharp return edge of the cavity.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's where I wanted to put mine, Colin, but they've put what feels like some sort of sound deadening material and the Brainbox won't stick to it. So I've gone to the other side and stuck it on top of the foot rest. Having spent a while today test the XLR, I've settled on S, and remove the controller.
Hope the picture helps, but if an idiot like me can do it, believe me, anyone can!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
I really want one of these but I'm Scottish and too tight to stump up the cash.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Hugh,
When you say "That's where I wanted to put mine"....did you mean the upper or lower of my pics? I haven't stuck mine in , it is a good snug fit with the 'velcro' stuck to the side as in my pic.
I hope you have small feet :lol: as it looks as though your 'brain' overhangs the edge of the (very clean!) footrest. My size 10s would be in danger of squashing the 'brain'. Could be a VERY costly mistake.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Don't understand why you would want one in a Kodiaq, if you want a fast car buy one or at least get a SUV with a more powerful engine and not a 1.4 petrol. Also remapping will could potentially void your warraty.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Colin! Is it useable from start or the engine must be warm...read somewhere that the engine must be warm before use Racechip.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Fuzzz said:
Thanks for the pictures Colin! Is this XLR just raise the revs or it disappears the, so to speak,dead spot of the gas pedal?
Hey @fuzzz, check out this thread for more links and information.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Fuzzz said:
Thanks for the pictures Colin! Is it useable from start or the engine must be warm...read somewhere that the engine must be warm before use Racechip.
Not that I have read and certainly hasn't made any difference on mine.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
Don't understand why you would want one in a Kodiaq, if you want a fast car buy one or at least get a SUV with a more powerful engine and not a 1.4 petrol. Also remapping will could potentially void your warraty.
Jon,
You have missed the point completely!.
Perhaps the Oil burners don't suffer from the same problem as the 1.4 TSi's do.There is a bad throttle lag when depressing the throttle, the car dozes quietly for a short period of time before waking up and realising it is being called on to move. This apparently, is yet another bluddy stupid EU reg to do with pollution.

It DOES NOT make the car overall faster. The 1.4 is plenty fast enough for anybody who does not tow.

All it does is open the in fuel injection butterfly very quickly so there is no lag whatsoever in pressing the pedal and going. It certainly makes it safer when pulling out of a junction as without it you could easily cause an accident in a heavy cross traffic situation.
I can't talk about the 'Diesel Tuning' version but on the RaceChip XLR you can adjust it to make it WORSE than factory settings , and thereby almost undriveable or up through normal, normal +, sport, sport +, race, race+. The last two are just too lairy for most people. It is quite simple all to do with the speed that the butterfly opens.

It does NOT increase the engine power, does NOT make it faster over all, it does NOT affect your insurance and is TUV approved.

If your TDi does not suffer from throttle lag you are very lucky but all those that have fitted XLRs or DT units are very impressed with them and they certainly overcome an inherent problem caused by Skoda/EU regs.

I do completely agree with the second part of your first sentence.
If you want a FASTER car get a bigger engine. I do not hold with engine mapping and never have. Apart from the fact that many insurance companies will not insure a remapped/chipped ECU, the fine tolerances to which modern engines are built are not designed to be messed about with and will , without, doubt invalidate the warranty even if one can find an insurance company to cover a car so fitted.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
It's not remapping, all it does is reduce lag and make the car react quicker when you hit the throttle. My 1.4l petrol is fast enough.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts