Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your MY2018 Kodiaq have a button on the drivers side B Pillar to deactivate the interior monitoring for the alarm.
I don't have one on my SEL 190. Just curious as to who has and who hasn't before I shout 'warranty claim'.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No button on the B pillar in my Kodiaq, and I have the full Kessy alarm system.

JoHn

·
Registered
67 Posts
No button on my MY2018 UK spec Edition

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
H2UBS,
If I were you I would certainly ring Customer Services 0333 003 7504) and ask/complain. It seems totally ludicrous to me.
If you have to turn it off on the menu (wot a pain in the @rse!) does it stay off permanently or do you have to deactivate it EVERY time you need it off? (an even BIGGER pain in the @rse!)
So simple just to reach in and push the button when you DO need it! (which is nearly all the time in my case with dog in car)
Skoda really can be extremely STOOPID sometimes. I just don't see WHY they have done that? Anybody have any bright ideas as to their reasoning?
:lol:
Does anybody else know/spoken to dealer/Customer service?
Replies here please if anyone does have the official Skoda bullsh1t excuse. Probably because it is cheaper to do it electronically than spend about 10p on a button and a piece of wire. thereby saving 10px50,000 Kodiaqs =£5000! ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had a play with my alarm settings. I've:
1. Turned on the ignition
2. Turned on the infotainment .. waited for it to fire up.
3. Pressed 'Car'
4. Pressed ' Settings'
5. Scrolled down through the options as what I wanted wasn't initially visible.
6. Found ' Interior Monitoring ' and scratched my head .. Do I tick the box or have the box unticked to deselect.
7. Consulted the manual .. none the wiser as it is not clear.
8. Took a punt and ticked the box
9. Set the alarm and waited ..
10. Waved my arms and .. ' set the alarm off ' Hoorah .. something works !
11. Repeated steps 3-6 and unticked the box. Set alarm, waited, waved arms etc and nothing.
So, rather than just press a button when leaving the dog in the K, I just do steps 1-6 and untick the box .. what could be simply cleverer.
One thing I did discover ( and with slight relief ) the Interior Monitoring resets itself and puts the tick back in the box for full monitoring (as with the button ) at the next setting of the alarm.
I can also confirm the Skoda Connect app does show the time, date and nature of the alarm activation, and you also get an email.
I await the formal excuse from Skoda UK Exec Office, who will investigate and reply within 48 hrs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have just been out to test my 2018 shaking arms set off the alarm but then l pressed the switch on the drivers door and did the same test and the alarm did not go off.
I also got an email saying the alarm had been triggered

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
The button you have arrowed is to lock the windows so that the brats can't open them. Nothing to do with the alarm.
The button for the alarm is on the drivers side B pillar (along side the seat). low down in the centre.
See picture from owners manual in this thread.
https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1058&start=10

·
Registered
56 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
The button you have arrowed is to lock the windows so that the brats can't open them. Nothing to do with the alarm.
The button for the alarm is on the drivers side B pillar (along side the seat). low down in the centre.
But could it be that if activating the "window lock" also disables the motion sensor? That would actually be a great solution to "the non button"-issue :)

I will try it, for sure.

JoHn

·
Registered
56 Posts
magmyra said:
Colin Lambert said:
But could it be that if activating the "window lock" also disables the motion sensor? That would actually be a great solution to "the non button"-issue :)

I will try it, for sure.

JoHn
No, no luck.
I tried child safety lock instead of window-lock (don´t have window-lock since I have family pack). Alarm still goes off. Also tried to lock the car twice within seconds(someone said that might work, a feature on the superb), but that doesn't work either.

Well well, you never know until tried :)

JoHn

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have spoken to my dealer and her informed me, having tried it on a My18 Kodiaq that I if you press the lock button TWICE on the remote, that will deactivate the interior sensor.
If the window lock button is to lock the windows it won't operate the alarm.
That is not logical Everton but Skoda standards.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I have spoken to my dealer and her informed me, having tried it on a My18 Kodiaq that I if you press the lock button TWICE on the remote, that will deactivate the interior sensor.
If the window lock button is to lock the windows it won't operate the alarm.
David b has tried it and confirms it has no affect on the alarm sensor.
Yes, it works! Important to press lock twice directly without waiting.

JoHn

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent stuff .. simply clever after all .. shame it couldn't have been included in the manual.

I note that on the normal single push lock the red led on the door top starts it intermittent flashing within a few seconds.
If you give it the two presses and the interior monitoring is de-activated then the red led (after the initial flurry) takes about 30 secs before starts flashing.

Thanks very much contributors for helping to unravel this missing button mystery.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had a call this afternoon from Ch Exec's resolution team regarding my complaint about lack of said 'button' on my K.
Enquiries have been made with the "brand department' who confirm that the button has been removed in favour of the upgraded Columbus and infotainment systems, the idea being that across the brand all function adjustments are found in one place and not separate buttons !!
:lol: :roll: :idea:
Of course I could have and wanted to rant about how ridiculous that was, but then I knew the about the two press of the lock button solution !
Despite spending 48 hrs investigating the issue and liaising with the 'Brand team' the Exec Office still didn't know about this double press... so I told them ! .. " Oh thats' great .. didn't know that ... Every Day's a School Day !!!" :oops:
Anyway, we ended the conversation amicably .. after all I am delighted with the car .. just put the information in the manual !

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Interesting..... I pressed my remote twice, quickly when I popped into mini Tesco yesterday was only 5 minutes. Heard nothing (car parked right outside) dog in car. Later I received an email saying alarm triggered by interior movement.
Perhaps the double click DOESN'T work if you have the button.
Talk about bluddy confusing and the [email protected] handbook doesn't help as already mentioned. :roll:

·
Registered
29 Posts
We're off on a ferry in a few weeks time so this thread has been really useful as I need to deactivate the motion sensor element of the alarm, I'm picking the car up tomorrow and will see if the dealer knows his stuff lol

Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts