Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who didn't go with the spare tire, did you get a repair kit included?

Also, I'm a bit confused about the "Heated Windscreen" option even on top-of-the-line models. I checked UK "Edition" to compare with the Swedish "Style" and both of them list this as a relatively pricey option for something that's standard in many other vehicles.

Rectangle Font Material property Gadget Gas

Do you still get some form of heated windscreen even if you don't add this option?

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Standard? We are not talking about blowing a hot air onto the windshield. Heated windshield contains layer of conductive silver that actually heat the glass and in summer time it reflects 60% of sun light making inside temperature around 15% lower. I can personally say that it feels less hot as it was in my previous car (Renault Grand Scenic).

More:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsiol.net%2Favtomoto%2Fnovice%2Fvolkswagnovo-gretje-vetrobranskega-stekla-ki-ne-potrebuje-zic-434653&edit-text=

·
Registered
503 Posts
It may be that Sweden has many cars with it as standard, but in the UK most cars don't.
Maybe The marketing bods for Swedish configuration overlooked that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Roman. Would've been great if the configurator included more information about those options instead of just repeating their names. :)

The heated windscreens I'm referring to as "standard" are the ones on Volvos and Fords. I'm guessing most other manufacturers (except VAG of course) also use a similar system with barely visible wires embedded in the glass. Is there any heating for the glass in the boot?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that info Savage. Will double-check with the dealer. I just thought the price was a bit strange because it was as much as the off-road kit, 3-zone climate control, and alarm and was used to seeing it as standard.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ninini said:
Thanks Roman. Would've been great if the configurator included more information about those options instead of just repeating their names. :)

The heated windscreens I'm referring to as "standard" are the ones on Volvos and Fords. I'm guessing most other manufacturers (except VAG of course) also use a similar system with barely visible wires embedded in the glass. Is there any heating for the glass in the boot?
Yes, heating in the rear windscreen comes as standard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ninini said:

This is because Ford developed and patented the technology many years ago. So, all Ford owned brands had this, including Land Rover and Volvo. Now, as far as I am aware, the patent has run out and all other car manufacturers are putting in into their cars.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Do Skoda "throw in" heated mirrors & wash jets with heated screen option?
I went for heated screen (excellent, quickly gets rid of misting even on rainy summers day without noisy blower) and got heated mirrors & wash jets which I don't remember ordering specifically.
Good value I reckon.
Also good value is the amazing fold-away towball (Audi badged) with electrics socket included in side. £600 as I recall. I had a fiddly detachable one fitted to Octavia, which with factory prewiring and dealer fitting was nearly a thousand quid.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks bigboss and danbri12.

KodiaqPetrolHead, the heated wash jets are standard on all models, I believe. The heated mirrors were included when I opted for powered seats. I also specced the folding tow ball. :) Interestingly enough, they had no problem giving me a quote with the towing pack even on the 1.4L TSI 150hp with a manual transmission here in Sweden.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Heated door mirrors are standard on all models of Kodiaq in the U.K. without having heated screen or steering wheel.
Nearly all manufacturers selling U.K. models have heated door mirrors as standard. (above possibly the base models for some makers).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just as an aside, Minis (the proper ones) had heated front screens in the 1960s for the Monte Carlo rally.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ninini said:
heated wash jets are standard on all models, I believe.
Nope, you can either select just those at an extra £35, or they are a forced option if you specify heated front screen.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Mine certainly does not have heated nozzles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can't recall I seen any car in Sweden with heated front screen as standard. I agree it's a little bit pricey but for me worth every penny so I checked the option on my Kodiaq :)
I've compared the Skoda configurator in Europe and my view is that the Swedish standard configuration on the Kodiaq is quite good. If you choose 'Style' plenty of things are included which are options in many other countries. This most likely to coop with the competition with other car brands and how they are opted for the Swedish market. And of course this comes with a higher base price - nothing is for free...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Colin, Stephen, Savage and TheSwede.

Interesting what they decide to include as standard in some markets. I specced out the lower-end Ambition on the Swedish configurator without any options and the heated nozzles were included.

Rectangle Line Font Parallel Circle

TheSwede, yeah the "Style" is definitely good value for money. I was picking between an S-MAX (summer promo) and a Kodiaq with roughly similar specs, and the S-MAX, without 4WD, was more expensive than the Kodiaq :D

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Volvo V70 today and get the new V90 with smilar spec. is out of the questions. Volvo has increased the price to by at least 10 KEuro so for me the Kodiaq had perfect timing into the market.

For those who are interested this is the standard spec for the Style version in Sweden (google translated so some parts might not be correct English):
  • 2-Zon Climatronic air conditioning
    3-spoke electric heated leather steering wheel with multifunction buttons for radio and phone
    9 airbags incl. Knee airbag on the driver's seat
    ACC radar based adaptive cruise control
    Automatic dimming interior mirror
    Bluetooth handsfree comfort telephony, streaming audio
    Crew Protect assist
    Digital Voice Enhancement (uses the infotainment system to transfer the driver's / front seats
    Passenger's voice to rear seat passengers)
    Fog lights
    By Edge Protection (protective lists are folded out when the doors are opened)
    Driving Mode Select (eco, sport, normal and individual driving profile setting)
    Tire kit kit, 12V compressor
    Electric hand brake with auto hold
    Electric window lifts front and rear
    Elecrtic adjustable, folding and heated exterior mirrors
    Electric heated front seats
    Electric heated windscreen washer nozzles
    ESC (electronic stability control)
    Folding rear seat / 2nd row backrest from luggage
    Remote controlled central locking
    Front Assistant car brake incl. Pedestrian detection (a radar-based security system that warns
    Driver at risk of collision. If a collision is imminent, the car is automatically braked to
    Avoid or minimize the collision. The system is active throughout the speed register except in very low
    speeds)
    Travel computer with "Maxi Dot" color display
    Floor lighting front and back
    Rubber mats, fabric mats
    Halogen headlight with LED daylight warning light, integrated headlight cleaner
    Hill Hold Control (keeps the brake pressure a few seconds at start-up)
    Height adjustable driver and passenger seat with lumbar support
    Infotainment Bolero 8 "color touch screen, 8 speakers
    Enclosures in chrome design
    Kessy Go (keyless start)
    LED rear light
    Light assistant automatically activates the dipped beam
    18 "Alloy wheel TRITON (from model year 2018)
    2 x roof lighting in the rear seat
    Ambient LED interior lighting with 10 selectable colors,
    Auto Light Assist (camera-based auto full / dipped beam control)
    Automatic dimming exterior mirrors
    Part leader Dress - Black All. Beige
    Doors window frames in chrome design
    High-efficiency full LED headlamp with AFS (adaptive front light system), changes the light image
    Based on speed (city, country road, highway and weather mode)
    Kessy Full (keyless entry, start & exit)
    Turnlight function (lights up automatically below 40 km / h)
    Parking sensors front and rear
    Pedals in stainless steel sport design
    Mirrors with lighting
    Rails anodized silver design
    Center armrest rear
    Center armrest with storage compartment
    Multi collision brake automatically brakes the car in a collision to prevent repeated collision
    Umbrella bag in the front doors
    Parking sensors at the rear
    Rain sensor and automatic dimming interior mirror
    Skoda Connect, Remote Access 1 year (via smartphone with app offers features like flash and tilt,
    Find the car, car status, start the heater (from model year 2018) the service is extended via the Skoda Connect Portal
    - Proactive Service and E-Call 14 years (The car informs the workshop when it needs service, E-call calling
    Auto alarm service if an accident occurs when an airbag releases and announces position, number
    Passengers etc.)
    SmartLink + (Apple Carplay, Android Auto, Mirror Link, Smart Gate)
    Roof railing black painted
    Tinted windows with thermal insulation glass
    fatigue Warning
    Rechargeable, removable, removable lamp in the luggage compartment
    Variable loading floor (5-seat version, not in combination with spare wheel, not 7-seat)
    WOKS whiplash neck pillows front

On top of this most buyers select two kits, business and towing, which are quite good priced and include following:
  • 3-Zon Climatronic Air Conditioning
    Canton sound system 10 speakers + subwoofer
    Leather / Alcantara seats
    spare wheel
    Sunset - tinted windows
    Heater with remote control

Reversing camera
    Elctric tailgate
    Electric folding towbar
    Roof rack

·
Registered
31 Posts
Savage said:
Ninini said:
heated wash jets are standard on all models, I believe.
Nope, you can either select just those at an extra £35, or they are a forced option if you specify heated front screen.
I remember we wanted only the heated nozzles but they could not be ordered separately - only in conjunction with the heated screen. I've just gone on to the configurator and it's still the same, you can only have both or none

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kodiaq ordered... now I'm wondering if I should've gotten the alarm and opted for the family pack. :p Dealer said that hardly anyone gets the alarm, and I don't really use my current car's radio, but getting the Canton sound system on the Kodiaq might help with resale value later on. Btw, they include a tire repair kit if you don't get a spare tire.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
romanv said:
My Kodiaq has an alarm and I can see the history of my alarms on Skoda Connect portal.
Are you able to adjust sensitivity and disable it through the app? Would be useful to disable it when on a ferry for example.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts