Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading a bit about roof bars. Seems like it's worth getting the aerodynamic ones. Thule is excellent quality, but not cheap. Has anyone tried the cheap roof bars on eBay or Amazon? Any recommendations? Would 127cm or 135xm suffice?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
127cm is recommended for the Kodiaq. The Thules are a great investment to be honest, they'll last a lifetime. I've always used them. Worth the £220 for the 775 foot pack and WingBar 969.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm probably going to use only once a year I think. But quality is equally important.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Same here. I just use it for winter. It's nice to know that if I need to transport something long though, like timber and what not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zach said:
127cm is recommended for the Kodiaq. The Thules are a great investment to be honest, they'll last a lifetime. I've always used them. Worth the £220 for the 775 foot pack and WingBar 969.
These are available at Halfords for (775 feet) = £88 and (969 Wing bar) = £93 at the moment which is where i got mine a few weeks ago. The quality is top notch. I combined them with the Thule Proride 591 for holding bikes.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
I've got the WingBar Edge on the Passat, and the normal WingBar & Foot Pack 775 for the Kodiaq. It looks very sleek on the Passat, but I'm not the tallest guy, so the almost-foot of usable width was worth it over the sleek look ofr the WingBar Edge for the Kodiaq.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Got Thule 775 with wingbar 969. Beautifully built! Borrowed a Thule Atlantis 200 roofbox from a colleague. It's amazing! Didn't feel any difference in driveability or ability to accelerate.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had the thule copies off ebay on my van for the last five years. No problems at all.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Sorry did not notice your post. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have searched plenty of topics but haven't found anyone that has a set of roof bars that still allow the panoramic roof to open unimpeded. I know on my Superb II Estate I researched to death until I found a set of Atera Signo RT Aero 122cm roof bars that worked a treat however I got rid of these when I sold the Superb.

The Thule buyers guide recommends a 775 foot pack which I am concerned will be too low down compared to the 757 (similar style to the Atera) to open the roof.

Anybody out there with the Thule 775 footpacks and the pano roof?

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
I'll check once I get my car back next week

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have installed the Thule 775 and wingbars today and took some photos of the pano roof.
There is more than enough room underneath the bars for the glass. The 775 system is wide apart and does not cover/overlap the panoramic window. When the pano window is fully opened, the front mesh reaches approximately the height of the bottom part of the bar - I guess if you have the roof box that low, it will rest on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
andrazk said:
I have installed the Thule 775 and wingbars today and took some photos of the pano roof.
There is more than enough room underneath the bars for the glass. The 775 system is wide apart and does not cover/overlap the panoramic window. When the pano window is fully opened, the front mesh reaches approximately the height of the bottom part of the bar - I guess if you have the roof box that low, it will rest on it.
Thanks! That is excellent work. Good point on the mesh. Think I will have to just take a risk and return if not quite a fit.

Cheers,

Raymond

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will set a Roof Box this weekend, will let you know how it sits on top of the pano window.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm pretty sure no roof bars that attach to the cars original rails are going to go anywhere near the panoramic roof, based on the pics above my cheap set would be miles clear (if I had the sunroof, which I dont!)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts